Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have been given a place Durham University D86 Business and Management with Foundation NN21 Campus: Z as my application was based at the Queens campus Stockton but tonight i have received an email advising i have been given a place at Grey's college Durham , why would this be?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    First of all, congratulations friend! A great response from a great university.

Basically, they reallocated you to Grey College and that is the college you will go to if you accept the offer.

There are possibilities of transferring colleges once you are studying at Durham, however I'm afraid I don't know if there's much you can do right now to change colleges. What I do know is that practically everyone loves the college that they get into, and that you should give Grey College a shot, despite the fact that you didn't get the college choice that you applied. Doors close, and others open.

To do this, you can do good research on-line and by using The Student Room for opinions from current Durham students, but the best and most comprehensive option is for you to go a post-offer open day and see what Grey College is all about.

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    So dose this mean I would just do my 4 years at greys instead of queens campus and still applying for student fiancé etc? As in college I thought they ment as in actual college then having to apply for uni after.

But for work and home I don't think travelling to greys college is going to be any good for me as that's the reason I was applying for queens campus as it was closer to home.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.