Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

In Person or Over Facebook? watch

OK, girl in sixth form I like, yada yada.

Talking to her now via messenger and I'm debating whether to ask her out now, or wait until I can hopefully get a free moment with her at school to ask her...

Better to wait, or just go for it?

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

The best way to do things is to ask her out in real life rather than behind a computer screen. It may be slightly embarrassing however it really helps. Just go for it when you think you are ready and is she showing any signs that she likes you? You don't want to spring this upon her so quickly.

(Original post by JamesGallagher)
    Hey,

The best way to do things is to ask her out in real life rather than behind a computer screen. It may be slightly embarrassing however it really helps. Just go for it when you think you are ready and is she showing any signs that she likes you? You don't want to spring this upon her so quickly.
    Yeah, we were dancing together at our last social and we've barely stopped chatting since :lol: all our friends already ship us, so I'm fairly confident she'd say yes...

Never asked anyone out before though :blushing:

ReputationRep:
    Speak to her in real life, it will build a more meaningful relationship, and you can also get more comfortable about them

Then ask them out, in real life

ReputationRep:
    It is normal to be slightly nervous and really if you have been communicating with her so much and you like her then I think it is a great idea. You could just do it somewhere private where there are none or a minimal amount of people so that you can express your feelings to the girl without others intervening.

(Original post by Vicky628)
    Speak to her in real life, it will build a more meaningful relationship, and you can also get more comfortable about them

I do talk to her a lot, we both hang around in the same bits of the sixth-form area - she's just never alone haha

It is normal to be slightly nervous and really if you have been communicating with her so much and you like her then I think it is a great idea. You could just do it somewhere private where there are none or a minimal amount of people so that you can express your feelings to the girl without others intervening.
    Yeah, that's what I'd like to do, just not sure how to find that moment since there's always too many people around :cute:

ReputationRep:
    Walk up to her in school and be all like...

"Girl are you Michelle Robinson and am I Barack Obama? Because I don't want to be OBAMASELF!"

(Original post by Withengar)
    Walk up to her in school and be all like...

"Girl are you Michelle Robinson and am I Barack Obama? Because I don't want to be OBAMASELF!"
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend asked me out over text. Nothing wrong with that, and personally I think it's cute. If you're a bit shy, she'll understand why you didn't ask her in person.
    It's also easier to breach the subject next time you meet her, if you already asked her online/via text, it may not seem as scary.

ReputationRep:
    I am not too sure then, just find somewhere that has as little people as possible is all that I can really say. I need to wish you good luck on this. Possibly tell her that you have to ask her something in private, she may get her friends away which draws them out of the question.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be original and suggest you ask her in person.
    You'll have to find a time when she's alone, it's that simple, or lead her away. Or at-least fewer people so there's less pressure.

(Original post by Vicky628)

(Original post by suhwaki)
    My boyfriend asked me out over text. Nothing wrong with that, and personally I think it's cute. If you're a bit shy, she'll understand why you didn't ask her in person.
    It's also easier to breach the subject next time you meet her, if you already asked her online/via text, it may not seem as scary.
    Gah, the contradictions :rofl:

I am not too sure then, just find somewhere that has as little people as possible is all that I can really say. I need to wish you good luck on this. Possibly tell her that you have to ask her something in private, she may get her friends away which draws them out of the question.
    Yeah, think I might just go for it tomorrow...
    Don't share any lessons so it'll be pot luck whether I see her haha

(Original post by dragonzrmetal)
    I'm going to be original and suggest you ask her in person.
    You'll have to find a time when she's alone, it's that simple, or lead her away. Or at-least fewer people so there's less pressure.
    Yeah, gonna go for it :yep:

ffs I'm shaking in anticipation...

ReputationRep:
    Just ask her out for a coffee or lunch

(Original post by chikane)
    Just ask her out for a coffee or lunch
    Yeah, probably spend the day out in oxford :cute: grab lunch, wander, whatever...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah, probably spend the day out in oxford :cute: grab lunch, wander, whatever...
    ****, you guys didn't see that :ninja: :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Don't see a problem asking her online to go to Oxford with you if you can't ask in person. I thought you were going to ask her to be your girlfriend lol which you shouldn't do online.

(Original post by chikane)
    Don't see a problem asking her online to go to Oxford with you if you can't ask in person. I thought you were going to ask her to be your girlfriend lol which you shouldn't do online.
    For the 'date' that is. idk I'm just thinking aloud haha, do want to ask her to be my girlfriend :tep:

ReputationRep:
    For the 'date' that is. idk I'm just thinking aloud haha, do want to ask her to be my girlfriend :tep:
    If you can't see her in person message her on fb saying 'hi, sorry didn't get a chance to see you today as i wanted to ask you whether you wanted to get some lunch together .
    Then ask her to be your gf on the date.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.