Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need to get a laptop. Im taking an essay based course so anything that is fine with essay writing, preferably under £400. Any advise? Also it should be good for dvds, film watching etc. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Walkingdeadlover)
    I need to get a laptop. Im taking an essay based course so anything that is fine with essay writing, preferably under £400. Any advise? Also it should be good for dvds, film watching etc. Thanks!
    Get a desktop! They will last longer and you'll have far less problems with them. If you absolutely need a laptop you should definitely get a cheap one. Laptop performance is very good nowadays and you don't need an expensive one to get going. Biggest advice is NEVER get a HP laptop as they always break down in a year or two and are a hassle to fix. Good luck!
    Shiv

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you should ask a sibling or family member to help you out but look online for laptops, there loads that will do what you're looking for. Personally I have both Mac & HP, hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    Ive not got anyone who can help me decide and i need it asap :/ any specific laptops you've had experiences with? Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Ive not got anyone who can help me decide and i need it asap :/ any specific laptops you've had experiences with? Thanks again
    This Lenovo is a solid deal at £325. Newest generation i5 processor, 4GB of RAM and a 1TB hard drive are pretty much perfect for the sort of stuff you want to do.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/80LM0...0_1857772.html

ReputationRep:
    I use both MAC and HP, tbh I find them both equally as good. HP i think is really good, never had any problem with it at all I think HP is good for a starting laptop and in the future if youd like then you can get a MAC

ReputationRep:
    I just got an acer aspire the other week off tesco direct - £250 It's doing well

ReputationRep:
    Friend of mine just got a brand new one of these, got 10% off just by emailing Dell and saying he found it cheaper elsewhere :rofl:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.