Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it possible to get money for my old flat screen tv? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Our old flat screen tv is still working but the picture starts to fade after a while. I have been told that you can make money from it . Does anyone know any reliable websites or companies that could perhaps take it and make use of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kutie Karen)
    Hi,

Our old flat screen tv is still working but the picture starts to fade after a while. I have been told that you can make money from it . Does anyone know any reliable websites or companies that could perhaps take it and make use of it?
    Ebay, or just go to an electronics store and ask how much they would take for it

Gum Tree, Craigslist and Ebay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiv is Light)
    Ebay, or just go to an electronics store and ask how much they would take for it

What kind of electronics store? I won't be able to carry it and don't have anyone to help me with this.

ReputationRep:
    What kind of electronics store? I won't be able to carry it and don't have anyone to help me with this.
    Just phone them up m8! Like CEX or just random one you have nearby google it. You probably could sell it on music magpie, they send a courier to you to pick it up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shiv is Light)
    Just phone them up m8! Like CEX or just random one you have nearby google it. You probably could sell it on music magpie, they send a courier to you to pick it up!

Magpie don't do tv's . This would have been good. Google doesn't seem to produce any fruitful searches. Bit stuck. It is taking up so much space in my home and would like to shift it asap.

ReputationRep:
    Magpie don't do tv's . This would have been good. Google doesn't seem to produce any fruitful searches. Bit stuck. It is taking up so much space in my home and would like to shift it asap.
    Charity shop?

ReputationRep:
    ebay or gumtree.

or

either an electronic store such as cex or cash converters.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it as they will want it for free and plus i have to take it down there myself. I am looking for someone to shift it . It is a very large flat screen tv and would need perhaps 2 people to carry it. Also i would like whatever I can get for for it as not working properly and I have just paid for a new tv on my credit card. So every little bit to pay this off would help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anyg)
    ebay or gumtree.

or

either an electronic store such as cex or cash converters.

Will cex and cash converters take a large tv if the picture quality is not too great after a while?

I think someone also mentioned that the inside parts can be recylced for which money can be given but don't know where to start with this .

ReputationRep:
    Will cex and cash converters take a large tv if the picture quality is not too great after a while?

I think someone also mentioned that the inside parts can be recylced for which money can be given but don't know where to start with this .

Spoke to cash convertors and they can't help. Any other suggestions?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.