Turn on thread page Beta

I shall keep this short.

Currently 20 and have been with my gf for nearly 2 years. Two weeks ago after work (I work in a bar) I got off with a girl who was there and went back to hers...had sex blah blah, left about 8.30am in the morning before she woke up. She was a fair bit older than me having completed her degree and having had a job for a couple of years. Now I love my current gf, but just felt the sex I had with the other girl was just so much better. I don't feel attached to her and only enjoy the pleasure i get from her, she asked me round again last Friday but i declined, thinking I may say yes next time though.

Anyone else been in this situation? I thought i was going to feel guilty and i guess i do abit, but not as much as i thought i would.

ReputationRep:
    Lad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can you just break up with you girlfriend now?

Poor girl, she deserves better.

ReputationRep:
    hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    yeh i was in same situation as you mate got with someone else , didn't break up with my girl because it was just a side chick thing , it depends if you feel bad or not really?

ReputationRep:
    There are people saying it depends if you feel bad or not. No no no. Here are your three options:

1. Tell her you cheated
    If you tell her that you've cheated and she decides to stay with you, your relationship will never be the same. There will be no trust, and she'll constantly be worrying that you'll cheat. It may be that you tell her and she breaks up with you, which would be better for both of you as she can find someone who won't cheat, and you can mess around with other girls. Either way, at least she's heard it from you and not from a third party.

2. Don't tell her
    If you don't tell her I guarantee that no matter how secretive you think you're being, it will eventually come back to her and she'll find out through someone else. It might not be for a while but it will happen, and mentally it will **** her up for future relationships for a long time.

3. Break up with her
    Really this is the better option for you both. It allows you to mess around with whoever you want without worrying about a girlfriend - you can just have casual hookups as it suits you. Furthermore she can find someone who actually loves her and won't cheat on her; if you loved her then you would have respected the boundaries of a monogamous relationship and not cheated in the first place. You clearly don't care about her feelings, so it's best for you both to end it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    There are people saying it depends if you feel bad or not. No no no. Here are your three options:

1. Tell her you cheated
    If you tell her that you've cheated and she decides to stay with you, your relationship will never be the same. There will be no trust, and she'll constantly be worrying that you'll cheat. It may be that you tell her and she breaks up with you, which would be better for both of you as she can find someone who won't cheat, and you can mess around with other girls. Either way, at least she's heard it from you and not from a third party.

2. Don't tell her
    If you don't tell her I guarantee that no matter how secretive you think you're being, it will eventually come back to her and she'll find out through someone else. It might not be for a while but it will happen, and mentally it will **** her up for future relationships for a long time.

3. Break up with her
    Really this is the better option for you both. It allows you to mess around with whoever you want without worrying about a girlfriend - you can just have casual hookups as it suits you. Furthermore she can find someone who actually loves her and won't cheat on her; if you loved her then you would have respected the boundaries of a monogamous relationship and not cheated in the first place. You clearly don't care about her feelings, so it's best for you both to end it.
    nah i know people how haven't found out , just gotta keep ontop of it all , and if he feels like he still loves this girl then give him a chance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gertautas)
    nah i know people how haven't found out , just gotta keep ontop of it all , and if he feels like he still loves this girl then give him a chance
    He said he might say yes again to sex with some random girl. Clearly doesn't love her if he's thinking of cheating again.

Dude, tell your girlfriend and break up with her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadile)
    He said he might say yes again to sex with some random girl. Clearly doesn't love her if he's thinking of cheating again.

Dude, tell your girlfriend and break up with her.
    Heads everywhere today - aint reading it properly , buy yeah if you wanna **** someone else then you best split it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gertautas)
    People might not find out if they just do it once, but he's planning on making a habit out of it and that won't stay quiet forever - eventually the wrong person will find out and say something. he doesn't deserve a chance and he clearly doesn't love her if he's planning on cheating again and again.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.