Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not sure where to put this so here goes

I went out the saturday before last and wore high heeled shoes, not crazy high maybe about 3 inches. I was fine for the whole night (apart from feeling the obvious pain when spending the whole night in heels), but the day after my feet were very sore, I had to walk with my toes lifted up or they hurt. Now, almost a week and a half on, my feet are fine the majority of the time- until I put any shoes with heels on. When I try to walk the ball and toes of my left foot get this horrible shooting (maybe kinda tingling) pain and its almost impossible to walk. Anyhow this doesn't happen at all in my right.

Does anyone know what I could do to stop this happening or why its happening? Its a nightmare, I've tried avoiding heels wherever possible but even if I only wear them for a minute I get the pain.

Thanks, from a very inexperienced heels wearer
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It happens when you start walking in heels. Wait until the pain stops (stretch your feet and avoid heels for a while) then try again. Wear them for short amounts of time and make sure they are supprting your feet. Use those gels etc.

Eventually your feet will understand!

I tend to get pains like that if my heels are too tights too. Make sure you've got a well fitting shoe.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.