Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Only another five years and £850'000 to go!

ReputationRep:
    Put it all on black

ReputationRep:
    Invest everything you have in stocks, fastest way to get rich quick.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    You probably won't succeed though

ReputationRep:
    the markets are currently experiencing a downturn, and i even have trust fund managers who look after that side for me. I'm thinking more an investment in my education and my family? My wife now has a job which earns a lot more than i do. Also today i sold two dvds on ebay, so maybe that is another way to make money?

Any other tips?

ReputationRep:
    I know my friend bought and sold LoL accounts, he made like 90 quid in a day lmao

ReputationRep:
    Yes, anything is possible if you're willing to put in the work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Yes, anything is possible if you're willing to put in the work
    Well seeing as it took me 20 years to get the first lot of money, and then that has actually been depreciating until recently, and now it has taken me five years to do the degree, and it will probably be another five before i graduate, with my phd, i don't think this is an achievable target sadly. But maybe another five after that??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Well seeing as it took me 20 years to get the first lot of money, and then that has actually been depreciating until recently, and now it has taken me five years to do the degree, and it will probably be another five before i graduate, with my phd, i don't think this is an achievable target sadly. But maybe another five after that??
    Maybe, but you shouldn't look at it as set periods of time to achieve something, you want to get there as soon as you can right? So do whatever you can to work towards that goal, I'd set smaller future goals to work towards rather than focusing on the end result as that is a huge target

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Maybe, but you shouldn't look at it as set periods of time to achieve something, you want to get there as soon as you can right? So do whatever you can to work towards that goal, I'd set smaller future goals to work towards rather than focusing on the end result as that is a huge target
    Thanks. I think my most immediate goal is to pass this degree, hopefully with a 2.1, and then after that to support my wife to get her driving licence back. And so on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    Thanks. I think my most immediate goal is to pass this degree, hopefully with a 2.1, and then after that to support my wife to get her driving licence back. And so on.
    That seems like a good plan, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Blondie, did you get a degree btw??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.