Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

17 and in my last year of sixth form. Never made out with a guy before, aim is to do so before end of school. Only chance this would happen is at the sixth form socials, and there's only one left. What do I do.

We have so much in common, cuz I'm 17 and never made out with a girl, whatcha say?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    To go party.

Get drunk.

Kiss various people.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    17 and in my last year of sixth form. Never made out with a guy before, aim is to do so before end of school. Only chance this would happen is at the sixth form socials, and there's only one left. What do I do.
    Live in Grimsby?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just ask? I guarantee a guy will say yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Live in Grimsby?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do.

:teeth:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by stefano865)
    I do.

:teeth:
    Really?:eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't rush things just to get matters over with

Also, I'm a little confused (I live in the US, so I apologize if these questions seem dumb). Do you not go to school with boys? Why is the social your last chance? Can't you befriend boys outside of school, get to know them, and (if you like them) date them? If you find a guy you like, you can make out with him whenever you want, hahaha!

As for the advice: I would start speaking to the guys in my school/class I might possibly be interested in and hang out with them a few times to get to know them. If I like them, I'd ask them to the social (is that like prom, homecoming, or a ball?).
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:

On my way.

Listen out for the pebbles against your window.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by stefano865)
    On my way.

Listen out for the pebbles against your window.
    Right, I should warn you I'm not into guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Right, I should warn you I'm not into guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-PNSaXiFF1l...-will-be01.jpg

ReputationRep:

No point putting pressure on yourself for no reason.

Just enjoy yourself.

When you are 18 you can go to a club.

ReputationRep:
    Confidence is key, shyness is a turn off in my opinion . And anyway it's not one of the things to tick of the list, if you're that'd desperate thought just get him and a few mates to come round and get drunk simple

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't stress about setting a deadline if you're worrying about that then that's just gonna make it less likely to happen? Idk why your only chance is a sixth form social because it could be easier at a party or in a club?? Just be chatty/confident (even if you fake it, it still works!) and it will happen. If feel bad telling people to drink because obviously you don't have to get drunk/more drunk if you don't want to but it does help a lot because you feel less inhibited and nervous. Tbh, it's a lot easier to kiss someone in a club because you don't know people so there's less pressure n stuff. My friend was in the same situation and she kissed a guy in a club on nye so it does happen don't worry! Idk what your sixth form socials are like but I personally wouldn't want to kiss someone at a school event but it's up to you. Good luck
    Also when you do kiss a guy he won't notice it's your first kiss and if anyone tries to tell you you need to learn how to kiss or its difficult that's bs ahaha
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.