Turn on thread page Beta

Assassin in the Palace 2! watch

ReputationRep:
    An assassin from far away has come to kill the King! He is in the inner chambers of the Palace now as we speak.

But the King was forewarned of this attack, and hatched a plan. The king was always a secluded person, no-one really knew what he looked like except a select few. The king would be dressed in plain clothes and and his most trusted warriors from all over the land would come to the palace to protect him. Although these warriors knew what the king looked like, they were strangers to each other...

Assassin in the Palace 1 (link)

Here is the game:
    There is one King, one Assassin, and the remainder of the players are Guards who are all told the identity of the King.

The Assassin has one kill that they can use at any time during the game, typically after being lynched. (He uses his hidden poisoned throwing knife). Their goal is to identify the King so that they can use this kill against him.

If the Assassin successfully kills theKing, then they win, otherwise the King and Guards win. The Assassin doesn't need to survive to win.

Every day phase, all the players vote on who to lynch, (who they think is the assassin).

The way you find out people's identities is by discussion on this thread. For example, the Assassin who doesn't know the identity of the King may accidentally vote to lynch him, thus all the Guards will know the person who voted to lynch the King is the Assassin.

Rules
    These were lifted from another website, so apologies if they sound too authoritarian. The guy who wrote these rules had an ego it seems. The Game Master is Me (Axel Johann)

General

* If you disagree with something the Game Master has done, or have a question about the game, feel free to PM.
    * Do not quote your role PM to prove your innocence in a discussion with other players. Paraphrasing is acceptable, and if you are uncertain as to what is acceptable, PM me to check. Violators will be disqualified.
    * In order to lynch a player, that player must receive a majority of the possible votes. Votes are made in the format Vote: [Player Name]. (make it bold). Votes that are not in this format will not count.
    * Do not discuss this game outside this thread. Period. Even if you are dead.* If you're dead, you're dead, and since the dead aren't alive, you're dead. Stop posting. I will not complain about a single "Bah!" post that contains no game content, but I would prefer you didn't say anything at all.
    * If you have moderating powers in this forum, please do not edit or delete the posts of either yourself or another player. If you are caught, you will be disqualified
    * Have fun! Don't take the game personally, and don't flame other players.

Day Phase

* During the Day phase, players will discuss and vote until a player has been lynched.
    * Once the vote required to reach a majority has been cast, that person is dead. Unvoting will not undo the lynch.
    * Please note that this is a nightless setup. (info for those of you that have played mafia type games)Please note that any votes, lynches, self-revelations and other shenanigans in Twilight are NOT OFFICIAL UNLESS THEY ARE CONFIRMED BY THE GAME MASTER (Axel Johann).

Inactivity, Prods and Deadlines

* Lurking is not allowed as a strategy in this game, as it is highly likely to slow the game down to a halt. Any player who becomes inactive will be prodded after 3 days, and will be replaced if there are no posts after a week of inactivity.
    * If the thread activity falls too low, a deadline will be set. Please read the above rules carefully, as a number of factors vary depending on the size and type of the game being played.

These are the PMs I will be sending to people: (read these to fully understand each role)

To a Guard:
    • Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Guard.
    Abilities:
    • It is your duty to protect the King who is [Player Name] from being assassinated.
    • You and every other guard know the identity of the King.
    Win condition:
    • You win if the King survives the assassination attempt.
    To the King:
    • Welcome, [Player Name], you are the King.
    Abilities:
    • You have no abilities, but your survival is crucial to the kingdom. It is your job to avoid the assassination attempt.
    • The Guards all know your identity, but you do not know theirs.
    Win condition:
    • You win if you survive the assassination attempt.
    To the Assassin:
    • Welcome, [Player Name]. You are the Assassin.
    Abilities:
    • You have a one-shot assassination attempt, which you can make at any point in the game (even after being lynched).
    • There are two ways that you can kill. You can make an assassination in the thread at any time by posting Assassinate : [Player Name]. This attack will eliminate you from the game. Also, if you are lynched, you immediately get to kill one target. You win the game once the king is dead, even if you are no longer alive.
    Win condition:
    • You win if you assassinate the King, regardless of whether you are lynched.

Players:
    1. homeland.lsw
    2. Andy98
    3. TheOtherSide.
    4. Kholmes1
    5. LeyK
    6. Andy98
    7. Matrix123
    8. Gribby2
    9. z33

ReputationRep:
    I know I said the games will follow a general story, but making the thread War in the Palace is too much work right now lol, it's a different game, so we'll be doing a re-run of this for those of you intrested

:excited::excited::excited::exci ted::excited:
    Is this to celebrate a certain someone's acceptance into a certain AMAZING faculty of study? :ahee:

Anyway I really shouldn't but...

Who cares
    Sign me up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    X
    :rofl:

And yes, kind of haha. The full celebration will be when Mt Grefflion starts
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Go for it

ReputationRep:
    I'll wait for the people who didnt get a turn to sign up first

(Original post by z33)
    Ahhhhh how polite!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)

No need for that , I tagged you for a reason haha

ReputationRep:
    Count me in, again :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Ill do it.

ReputationRep:
    This reminds me of Towns Of Salem.

ReputationRep:
    Oh this looks like a nice game and maybe I can make a few friends too can I join please?

ReputationRep:
    Alright let's kick this up again

Andy98 TheOtherSide.
    it seems you two already down for this one... so that's cool. No change in that I presume?

z33 you up for this? LeyK Imperion Alexion CoolCavy ivybridge ZuluK ?

homeland.lsw you still in? What about you Kholmes1?

Tagging people of the previous game:
    imsoanonymous123
    Gribby2
    RDB1826
    BookBird
    Dima-Blackburn
    Blondie987
    MathQ123

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Axel Johann)

Andy98 TheOtherSide.
    it seems you two already down for this one... so that's cool. No change in that I presume?

imsoanonymous123
    Gribby2
    RDB1826
    BookBird
    Dima-Blackburn
    Blondie987
    MathQ123

Yeah Im in.

ReputationRep:

Andy98 TheOtherSide.

imsoanonymous123
    Gribby2
    RDB1826
    BookBird
    Dima-Blackburn
    Blondie987
    MathQ123

^Means I'm in
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad

Andy98 TheOtherSide.

imsoanonymous123
    Gribby2
    RDB1826
    BookBird
    Dima-Blackburn
    Blondie987
    MathQ123
    Yeah I'm game

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Matrix123)
    x
    You might like this

Posted from TSR Mobile

x

I have nothing to do so why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    You might like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do! Thanks for quoting Axel Johann can I join too, please?

ReputationRep:
    I'll join again

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.