Turn on thread page Beta

Prospective Housemate Dropped Out After Reservation of House, What To Do??? watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hey TSR, me and my group of friends who are hoping to be living together next year (we're 1st years right now) reserved a house about a month ago, but one of the group has told us that her dad wasn't able to be her guarantor as for some reason he can't prove his address, and the person she hoped would be her other guarantor, her uncle, hadn't received the documents, which left her with no-one to be her guarantor and thus she can't move in with us next year.

    Now, would we be able to just get someone to replace her if they could get two people to be their guarantor, or would it be too late as we'd already given our details to the estate agents and paid admin fees? We honestly don't really know what to do for certain right now :-/

    Many thanks in advance for the help!

    The best people to give you a definite answer would be your letting agency. If you have already paid admin fees etc. then they might agree to giving you a deadline to find another tenant to take your friend's place. or they might just advertise a single room. It's normally only a problem when the property is still being advertised and money hasn't changed hands yet!

    Good luck!

    Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.