Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    I feel you. I'm retaking M1 and just started t revising for it today. Vectors and graphs are the ony topic I can't comprehend and I really need 90%+ on it

You should try focusing on topics you do not understand first. Try watching these tutorials first, and then jump straight to question by topic booklet on Physics and Maths Tutor.

I usually don't give numerical answers unless the question is on kinematics or it asks for magnitude. Use letters if one of the info they give you (such as speed before collision, weight of a particle) is in letters.
    Yeah I'm resitting too the vectors always get me but I feel like I'm getting them a bit more too. When ever the question is find the time when the ship will be due north of the other ship I could never get them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flowerspace)
    Yeah I'm resitting too the vectors always get me but I feel like I'm getting them a bit more too. When ever the question is find the time when the ship will be due north of the other ship I could never get them

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks the question was JUNE07 Q5, just want to know when u actually need to split components

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! I can never seem to get my head around it :cry2: The questions on M1 are worded in a confusing manner compared to M2 and above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryandaniels2015)
    Thanks the question was JUNE07 Q5, just want to know when u actually need to split components
    Did you see the two pictures I drew because that was me trying to explain it. You need to split a force into its components when it is acting at an angle.

So in the ring question you don't split the weight because the weight is not acting at an angle. However you split the sting tension as it is acting at an angle.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did you see the two pictures I drew because that was me trying to explain it. You need to split a force into its components when it is acting at an angle.

So in the ring question you don't split the weight because the weight is not acting at an angle. However you split the sting tension as it is acting at an angle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh right thanks, so object on slope split, and force at angle split? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Same! I can never seem to get my head around it :cry2: The questions on M1 are worded in a confusing manner compared to M2 and above.
    Well the other day I realised that if it is due north then the two i components have to be the same. Due east and the two j components have to be the same.
    I literally just realised that yesterday lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right thanks, so object on slope split, and force at angle split? Thanks
    Yeah that's right
    Sorry I'm so bad at explaining things in a clear way haha
    Hopefully you can do that question now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's right
    Sorry I'm so bad at explaining things in a clear way haha
    Hopefully you can do that question now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No you've been great, thanks for the help!

ReputationRep:
    No you've been great, thanks for the help!
    Yay!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well the other day I realised that if it is due north then the two i components have to be the same. Due east and the two j components have to be the same.
    I literally just realised that yesterday lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Now that I think about it, it does make sense if you picture an object moving north/east :eek: I really hate how the book does not go into further details (+_+).

The worst thing for me is that I have FP2 and M2 at the same time, so will have to spend 3hrs doing both.

ReputationRep:
    Now that I think about it, it does make sense if you picture an object moving north/east :eek: I really hate how the book does not go into further details (+_+).

The worst thing for me is that I have FP2 and M2 at the same time, so will have to spend 3hrs doing both.
    Yeah I'm glad I realised it
    I'm not doing further maths this year, I did it last year and got
    FP1 A
    M1 C
    D2 D
    And ended up with a C
    I'm resitting M1 though because in normal maths I got a C in D1 and decision is so boring and mechanics makes more sense to me. Also I was doing better in mechanics but in the exam I freaked out
    Good luck with yours
    Tbh I wish I was doing further maths instead of chemistry....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Zacken or anyone else, can you help me with this question?

"An aeroplane flies from airport A to airport B 80 km away on a bearing of 070∘. From B the aeroplane flies to airport C, 60 km from B. Airport C is 90 km from A. Find the two possible directions for the course set by the aeroplane on the second stage of its journey."

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm glad I realised it
    I'm not doing further maths this year, I did it last year and got
    FP1 A
    M1 C
    D2 D
    And ended up with a C
    I'm resitting M1 though because in normal maths I got a C in D1 and decision is so boring and mechanics makes more sense to me. Also I was doing better in mechanics but in the exam I freaked out
    Good luck with yours
    Tbh I wish I was doing further maths instead of chemistry....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's the same grade as me (did very badly in D1). Almost every mechanics paper seem to surprise me, so I get a bit worried before the exam day.

Good luck to you too

Are you doing OCR chemistry? I dropped chemistry after the first week on AS and I am so glad

ReputationRep:
    That's the same grade as me (did very badly in D1). Almost every mechanics paper seem to surprise me, so I get a bit worried before the exam day.

Good luck to you too

Are you doing OCR chemistry? I dropped chemistry after the first week on AS and I am so glad
    I'm doing Aqa chemistry
    I got a B last year but this year I'm finding it so hard it's not my thing at all.
    My other subject is physics which I love

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Zacken or anyone else, can you help me with this question?

"An aeroplane flies from airport A to airport B 80 km away on a bearing of 070∘. From B the aeroplane flies to airport C, 60 km from B. Airport C is 90 km from A. Find the two possible directions for the course set by the aeroplane on the second stage of its journey."
    Draw it out the two possible ways so one where C is to the left and one where C is to the right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Draw it out the two possible ways so one where C is to the left and one where C is to the right

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why is it that C can only be to the left or right? Why can't it be in between? I know that probably sounds really stupid but xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Why is it that C can only be to the left or right? Why can't it be in between? I know that probably sounds really stupid but xD
    I have no idea i didnt think of that lol
    Maybe between would be the same as to the left of B? I might try this question

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea i didnt think of that lol
    Maybe between would be the same as to the left of B? I might try this question

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe as it's 60km C can't be past A but I'm not sure
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe as it's 60km C can't be past A but I'm not sure
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah that makes sense actually! That's probably why ^_^ Let me know what answers you get if you try it!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Aqa chemistry
    I got a B last year but this year I'm finding it so hard it's not my thing at all.
    My other subject is physics which I love

What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I chose Biology instead, and now I despise it at A2. (+_+)

Everyone doing A2 Chemistry are forced to do the Chemistry Olympiad at my school, so most people dropped it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.