Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student bang)
    what is vector triangles
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rq8WOfPNQ-k

ReputationRep:
    For anyone wanting to look over a decent lift question check JUNE 2015 Question 4.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and what are the key feature of displacement acceleration and speed-time graphs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TercioOfParma)
    What about if, with the questions with like tan(theta) = 3/4, i just put in cos(arctan(3/4) instead of the value of theta or precalculating it??
    If the question has tan α= 3/4 then draw a triangle with the opposite side being 3 and the adjacent being 4 and thus the hypotenuse being 5. Its a basic 345 triangle.

From this you can easily get
    Sin α = 3/5 and Cos α= 4/5. Thus instead of typing cos(arctan(3/4)) you just write 4/5. Make it must less confusing.

ReputationRep:
    what is vector triangles
    http://www.examsolutions.net/maths-r...e/exercise.php
    Though its probably too late to learn this now.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks and what are the key feature of displacement acceleration and speed-time graphs
    speed-time graphs:
    gradient = acceleration
    area = distance traveled

acceleration time:
    Be careful when drawing these as if a particle is moving with constant velocity, its acceleration is 0. (Also bear in mind deceleration).

Displacement graphs:
    gradient = velocity
    if the velocity is increasing or decreasing you draw that section as an appropriate curve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknow_n123)
    Postive i negative J is south east
    so north west and south east are the same basically?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sss786)
    so north west and south east are the same basically?
    Northwest= negative i and positive J
    Southwest= positive i and negative J

Make sure you use the correct one based on the question. best thing to do is just draw North,East,South,West and then work it out from there

ReputationRep:
    M1 June 2015 --> 61/75 raw marks = 83% = A
    I felt that I should have scored 67-72/75 raw marks but mistakes I made where because I had no clue what to do. Thankfully I've understood from them. (100% = 71, A* = 65, A = 59, B = 53, C = 47)

Mistakes & tips for future past papers:
    - Q5 (B) If the question states "find the maximum value of the mass" visualise what will happen if the mass begins to increase and the result of the entire system in relations to the forces. (I.e maximum value of mass = infers tilting to occur at a Point) = -6 raw marks because I didn't understand what maximum value of mass meant. :argh:
    - Q7 B(iii) + (C) ... now C was straight forward to do providing I had known what the value of B(iii) was. :getmecoat: Consider the entire time - (t1+t3) to work out t2(middle section of trapezium). Also,

I'll be recording every past paper score that I do and my overall notes/opinion on that past paper.

Past papers completed = 6/11. (edexcel regular + edexcel IAL) <--- what I aimed to do v.s what I actually did. :rip: IAL + MAM practice papers. :cry2:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Past paper scores: 80% (A), 80% (A), 82% (A) + 85% (A) + 92% (A*) + 83% (A) + ...

Considering that Its 00:45am ... Is this the best option for me given I haven't had time to do any IAL past papers ... ---> Complete June 2015 + Jan 2016 IAL = 1.5 hour each past paper = 3 hours so 1:00am-4:00am and sleep then get up latest 7:00am before my exam and review any mistakes I noted down on my past papers + my posts on this thread @previous past papers then go to the exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Just go to bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Just go to bed.
    I'm not you :albertein: I need every bit of revision I can get to get 1/2 the grades you get.

Wish I had seen everything in every paper ... if only I had more time. :argh:

ReputationRep:
    I'm not you :albertein: I need every bit of revision I can get to get 1/2 the grades you get.

Wish I had seen everything in every paper ... if only I had more time. :argh:
    You say you're getting 80%s and stuff. If you're aiming for A*, this being an AS module, does it matter if you're not getting to 90? Probably best to have rest on your side in any case..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    You say you're getting 80%s and stuff. If you're aiming for A*, this being an AS module, does it matter if you're not getting to 90? Probably best to have rest on your side in any case..
    The way I scored in my AS modules aren't great going into my A2 modules.
    Assuming I get 80 ums in M1 I'd have to get 90,90 in C3/C4 which the latter isn't a challenge but the boundaries in M1 change so much.

If I mess up in C3/C4, which although is very unlikely since I've been averaging 95 ums over 10-11 past papers with more still to do I'd walk out with a 'A' due to 480 ums average still maintained instead of dropping down to a B.

The A*A* offers in Maths/Physics = so much stress to perform.

ReputationRep:
    M1 June 2015 --> 61/75 raw marks = 83% = A
    I felt that I should have scored 67-72/75 raw marks but mistakes I made where because I had no clue what to do. Thankfully I've understood from them. (100% = 71, A* = 65, A = 59, B = 53, C = 47)

Mistakes & tips for future past papers:
    - Q5 (B) If the question states "find the maximum value of the mass" visualise what will happen if the mass begins to increase and the result of the entire system in relations to the forces. (I.e maximum value of mass = infers tilting to occur at a Point) = -6 raw marks because I didn't understand what maximum value of mass meant. :argh:
    - Q7 B(iii) + (C) ... now C was straight forward to do providing I had known what the value of B(iii) was. :getmecoat: Consider the entire time - (t1+t3) to work out t2(middle section of trapezium). Also,

I'll be recording every past paper score that I do and my overall notes/opinion on that past paper.

Past papers completed = 6/11. (edexcel regular + edexcel IAL) <--- what I aimed to do v.s what I actually did. :rip: IAL + MAM practice papers. :cry2:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Past paper scores: 80% (A), 80% (A), 82% (A) + 85% (A) + 92% (A*) + 83% (A) + ...

Considering that Its 00:45am ... Is this the best option for me given I haven't had time to do any IAL past papers ... ---> Complete June 2015 + Jan 2016 IAL = 1.5 hour each past paper = 3 hours so 1:00am-4:00am and sleep then get up latest 7:00am before my exam and review any mistakes I noted down on my past papers + my posts on this thread @previous past papers then go to the exam?
    Have you done Jan 2015? Leave the jan 2016 imo, it's a pretty easy paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknow_n123)
    Northwest= negative i and positive J
    Southwest= positive i and negative J

Make sure you use the correct one based on the question. best thing to do is just draw North,East,South,West and then work it out from there
    I thought Southwest was negative i and negative j? Correct me if i'm wrong somebody please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadKaleem)
    I thought Southwest was negative i and negative j? Correct me if i'm wrong somebody please.
    You are not wrong
    But this is not stuff to be concerned over..it is all very obvious from a quick sketch

ReputationRep:
    I can't sleep!! Worrying about m1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadKaleem)
    Have you done Jan 2015? Leave the jan 2016 imo, it's a pretty easy paper.
    You sure? I'm about to start Jan 2016 though If your saying its a easy paper I'll do Jan 2015 instead. Quick reply would help inb4 I start the pp.

ReputationRep:
    You sure? I'm about to start Jan 2016 though If your saying its a easy paper I'll do Jan 2015 instead. Quick reply would help inb4 I start the pp.
    Jan 2016 was probably the easiest paper since 2013. Do Jan 2015 instead, it's much challenging compared to Jan 2016.

Jan 2014 was also pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Guys you know at the end of a vector question the question could be like "show that x is directly north east (ie diagonal) of y" or "find the point in time when x is directly north east of y"

How do you go about doing that? It makes sense to me that change in x/change in y=1

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.