Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    I would say it's best to avoid using N as that's an SI unit
    i don't use any units in the diagram so i won't get it confused, thanks for the reply though.

ReputationRep:
    I've just got Dynamics to recap/self-teach which should take me 2 days since I'm juggling other stuff.
    After which it will take me 3 days of doing past papers = 2 past papers/day to get some what efficient at M1.

I swear S2 is so dull on the contrary.

ReputationRep:
    Hi on M1 Jun 09 paper q7 why is x 1.19 when the distance from p to q is only 1.4m i got an answer of 0.21 . The ans of 1.19 would not be x but 1.4-0.21 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marccs)
    Hi on M1 Jun 09 paper q7 why is x 1.19 when the distance from p to q is only 1.4m i got an answer of 0.21 . The ans of 1.19 would not be x but 1.4-0.21 ?
    You haven't shown us your working but I'm guessing that you've got your 3 on the wrong side of the equation.

It should be TQ = 3 * TP

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely cannot get the hang of any of it except vectors and moments..

ReputationRep:
    M1 is cool. When u get going no one can stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  _IYGB 7.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  48.7 KB

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3865461

ReputationRep:
    Name:  m1.png
Views: 298
Size:  51.3 KBIf in this question i found W before i proved the normal reaction was 20, would i still get all the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomith)
    Name:  m1.png
Views: 298
Size:  51.3 KBIf in this question i found W before i proved the normal reaction was 20, would i still get all the marks?
    Yeah, I think when the marks (9) Aren't individually split up its for the whole question and can be done in any order.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I have made a similar thread for M2 as i couldn't find one myself!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...695&p=65171317

ReputationRep:
    Hi, A very simple question - I've posted a question and I was just wondering, when do you know you have to break the forces into components, e.g. in the picture attached there is a ring with Weight 0.25g, why don't you break this up into components? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    uploaded image of question
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Would love to help where I can - I did alright in IAL M1 last June.
    What did you get in M1 last June?

I need a 'B' (70 ums) in M1 minimum but Ideally If I can get 80 ums it would
    give me more breathing space if I choke A* in C3/C4 I can still get a A overall.

What resources did you use to practice for M1 I.e just Edexcel past papers?
    I'm hoping to do:
    - Regular Edexcel A level M1 past papers: Jan 2011, June 11, Jan 12, June 12, Jan 13, June 13, June 14, June 15 = x8 past papers.
    - Edexcel IAL M1 past papers: Jan 14, June 14, Jan 15, June 15, Jan 16
    = x5 past papers.
    - couple Madasmaths past papers if they are any on M1

= 13 past papers + any madasmaths past papers enough for a B or hopefully a A?

I'm going to start posting any mistakes/flaws in my thinking for every paper on this thread as a way to look back closer to the time. sounds like a good idea or?

There are Madasmaths past papers for Mechanics 1? :lolwut:
    I never knew that I thought madasmaths was mainly for core maths
    + further pure maths. :gasp:

I'm going to just go through any topics I tend to drop marks on in M1 consistently once I finish all those past papers. (edexcel+ial papers)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)

give me more breathing space if I choke A* in C3/C4 I can still get a A overall.
    I got 93 UMS - wrote t -1 as t + 1 or something and down came my UMS.

I'm hoping to do:
    - Regular Edexcel A level M1 past papers: Jan 2011, June 11, Jan 12, June 12, Jan 13, June 13, June 14, June 15 = x8 past papers.
    = x5 past papers.

I'm going to start posting any mistakes/flaws in my thinking for every paper on this thread as a way to look back closer to the time. sounds like a good idea or?
    I actually did a lot of work for M1 because I was young and didn't do FM; not because I needed a lot of work on it, but because I enjoyed it. I did papers from 2009 to 2014 and an odd Solomon or two my friends recommended. Sounds good. Might wanna do all the papers from 2009. I remember tiny hobbit saying they were the hardest at something like 50/75 for an A.

Seeing as you're a physics candidate, M1 shouldn't be a huge concern. Just forget about S2 altogether

ReputationRep:

I'm hoping to do:
    = x5 past papers.

There are Madasmaths past papers for Mechanics 1? :lolwut:
    I never knew that I thought madasmaths was mainly for core maths
    + further pure maths. :gasp:

I'm going to just go through any topics I tend to drop marks on in M1 consistently once I finish all those past papers. (edexcel+ial papers)
    There will be from next year.
    I will try to make 8 papers for M1 to M5, S1 to S3 and FP1 to FP3
    I have actually made two trial ones (M1) but I have no time to write solutions, so I will not upload them in my site

ReputationRep:
    I got 93 UMS - wrote t -1 as t + 1 or something and down came my UMS.

I actually did a lot of work for M1 because I was young and didn't do FM; not because I needed a lot of work on it, but because I enjoyed it. I did papers from 2009 to 2014 and an odd Solomon or two my friends recommended. Sounds good. Might wanna do all the papers from 2009. I remember tiny hobbit saying they were the hardest at something like 50/75 for an A.

Seeing as you're a physics candidate, M1 shouldn't be a huge concern. Just forget about S2 altogether
    Ah I see. 93 is bleeming amazing especially on a applied module.
    Yeah, if you enjoy the process its not that hard to put in work.
    Thanks, I wanted to do a mixture of IAL & Madasmaths papers in the time
    frame I have that way I have seen a mixture of challenging questions.

Yeah M1 isn't hard but I misread a lot of questions, which costs me big time.
    I don't have to sit S2 if providing I score 70+ ums in M1 since S2 is my insurance A2 applied module as a backup.

Q) Do you have a blog on TSR that you update in writing down daily work/tasks
    to do etc? I've noticed couple people doing something of that sort.
    I've got a notepad on my computer of my daily revision log instead. ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I have actually made two trial ones (M1) but I have no time to write solutions, so I will not upload them in my site
    That's amazing to see the amount of time you've invested that genuinely
    helps people improve their grades massively from your website resources. :top:

Ah, humanity still has hope ... thanks to TeeEm! :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    Thank you as always for your resources, they're really helpful!

Q) Do you have a blog on TSR that you update in writing down daily work/tasksto do etc? I've noticed couple people doing something of that sort.I've got a notepad on my computer of my daily revision log instead. ^
    Aymans thread:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3882989

ReputationRep:
    Should i be merging m1 and m2 revision, so like do chapter 1 of m1 and m2 and then move on to next..OR revise m1 and then m2??

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else find it hard to figure out whether there is a reaction force happening or not at a support on a beam? It seems quite hit and miss to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.