Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayman!)
    I would say it's best to avoid using N as that's an SI unit
    i don't use any units in the diagram so i won't get it confused, thanks for the reply though.

ReputationRep:
    I've just got Dynamics to recap/self-teach which should take me 2 days since I'm juggling other stuff.
    After which it will take me 3 days of doing past papers = 2 past papers/day to get some what efficient at M1.

I swear S2 is so dull on the contrary.

ReputationRep:
    Hi on M1 Jun 09 paper q7 why is x 1.19 when the distance from p to q is only 1.4m i got an answer of 0.21 . The ans of 1.19 would not be x but 1.4-0.21 ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marccs)
    Hi on M1 Jun 09 paper q7 why is x 1.19 when the distance from p to q is only 1.4m i got an answer of 0.21 . The ans of 1.19 would not be x but 1.4-0.21 ?
    You haven't shown us your working but I'm guessing that you've got your 3 on the wrong side of the equation.

It should be TQ = 3 * TP

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely cannot get the hang of any of it except vectors and moments..

ReputationRep:
    M1 is cool. When u get going no one can stop.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  _IYGB 7.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  48.7 KB

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3865461

ReputationRep:
    Name:  m1.png
Views: 347
Size:  51.3 KBIf in this question i found W before i proved the normal reaction was 20, would i still get all the marks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomith)
    Name:  m1.png
Views: 347
Size:  51.3 KBIf in this question i found W before i proved the normal reaction was 20, would i still get all the marks?
    Yeah, I think when the marks (9) Aren't individually split up its for the whole question and can be done in any order.

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I have made a similar thread for M2 as i couldn't find one myself!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...695&p=65171317

ReputationRep:
    Hi, A very simple question - I've posted a question and I was just wondering, when do you know you have to break the forces into components, e.g. in the picture attached there is a ring with Weight 0.25g, why don't you break this up into components? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    uploaded image of question
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Would love to help where I can - I did alright in IAL M1 last June.
    What did you get in M1 last June?

I need a 'B' (70 ums) in M1 minimum but Ideally If I can get 80 ums it would
    give me more breathing space if I choke A* in C3/C4 I can still get a A overall.

What resources did you use to practice for M1 I.e just Edexcel past papers?
    I'm hoping to do:
    - Regular Edexcel A level M1 past papers: Jan 2011, June 11, Jan 12, June 12, Jan 13, June 13, June 14, June 15 = x8 past papers.
    - Edexcel IAL M1 past papers: Jan 14, June 14, Jan 15, June 15, Jan 16
    = x5 past papers.
    - couple Madasmaths past papers if they are any on M1

= 13 past papers + any madasmaths past papers enough for a B or hopefully a A?

I'm going to start posting any mistakes/flaws in my thinking for every paper on this thread as a way to look back closer to the time. sounds like a good idea or?

There are Madasmaths past papers for Mechanics 1? :lolwut:
    I never knew that I thought madasmaths was mainly for core maths
    + further pure maths. :gasp:

I'm going to just go through any topics I tend to drop marks on in M1 consistently once I finish all those past papers. (edexcel+ial papers)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)

give me more breathing space if I choke A* in C3/C4 I can still get a A overall.
    I got 93 UMS - wrote t -1 as t + 1 or something and down came my UMS.

I'm hoping to do:
    - Regular Edexcel A level M1 past papers: Jan 2011, June 11, Jan 12, June 12, Jan 13, June 13, June 14, June 15 = x8 past papers.
    = x5 past papers.

I'm going to start posting any mistakes/flaws in my thinking for every paper on this thread as a way to look back closer to the time. sounds like a good idea or?
    I actually did a lot of work for M1 because I was young and didn't do FM; not because I needed a lot of work on it, but because I enjoyed it. I did papers from 2009 to 2014 and an odd Solomon or two my friends recommended. Sounds good. Might wanna do all the papers from 2009. I remember tiny hobbit saying they were the hardest at something like 50/75 for an A.

Seeing as you're a physics candidate, M1 shouldn't be a huge concern. Just forget about S2 altogether

ReputationRep:

I'm hoping to do:
    = x5 past papers.

There are Madasmaths past papers for Mechanics 1? :lolwut:
    I never knew that I thought madasmaths was mainly for core maths
    + further pure maths. :gasp:

I'm going to just go through any topics I tend to drop marks on in M1 consistently once I finish all those past papers. (edexcel+ial papers)
    There will be from next year.
    I will try to make 8 papers for M1 to M5, S1 to S3 and FP1 to FP3
    I have actually made two trial ones (M1) but I have no time to write solutions, so I will not upload them in my site

ReputationRep:
    I got 93 UMS - wrote t -1 as t + 1 or something and down came my UMS.

I actually did a lot of work for M1 because I was young and didn't do FM; not because I needed a lot of work on it, but because I enjoyed it. I did papers from 2009 to 2014 and an odd Solomon or two my friends recommended. Sounds good. Might wanna do all the papers from 2009. I remember tiny hobbit saying they were the hardest at something like 50/75 for an A.

Seeing as you're a physics candidate, M1 shouldn't be a huge concern. Just forget about S2 altogether
    Ah I see. 93 is bleeming amazing especially on a applied module.
    Yeah, if you enjoy the process its not that hard to put in work.
    Thanks, I wanted to do a mixture of IAL & Madasmaths papers in the time
    frame I have that way I have seen a mixture of challenging questions.

Yeah M1 isn't hard but I misread a lot of questions, which costs me big time.
    I don't have to sit S2 if providing I score 70+ ums in M1 since S2 is my insurance A2 applied module as a backup.

Q) Do you have a blog on TSR that you update in writing down daily work/tasks
    to do etc? I've noticed couple people doing something of that sort.
    I've got a notepad on my computer of my daily revision log instead. ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    I have actually made two trial ones (M1) but I have no time to write solutions, so I will not upload them in my site
    That's amazing to see the amount of time you've invested that genuinely
    helps people improve their grades massively from your website resources. :top:

Ah, humanity still has hope ... thanks to TeeEm! :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    Thank you as always for your resources, they're really helpful!

Q) Do you have a blog on TSR that you update in writing down daily work/tasksto do etc? I've noticed couple people doing something of that sort.I've got a notepad on my computer of my daily revision log instead. ^
    Aymans thread:http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3882989

ReputationRep:
    Should i be merging m1 and m2 revision, so like do chapter 1 of m1 and m2 and then move on to next..OR revise m1 and then m2??

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else find it hard to figure out whether there is a reaction force happening or not at a support on a beam? It seems quite hit and miss to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 25, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.