Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by txnilxnur)
    Hopefully! Also.. how many marks do you think i will lose for drawing the graph without a point of intersection?
    1 mark which is B1

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully! Also.. how many marks do you think i will lose for drawing the graph without a point of intersection?
    it was a 4 mark question so i think maybe 2 lost because we needed to use understanding and apply it but dont worry bro i didnt do it either

ReputationRep:
    for impulse 7 marker, i resolved some forces found R found some sort of acceleration did uR for friction but didnt really put it all together and did the wrong thing to work out the impules. How many marks would i lose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRPAV)
    Nah i did it like this:
    Mu= 1/8, initial velcoity=4m/s ,mass=0.4kg
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Off the wall: R(<--): deceleration: a=- muR= 1/8*0.4*g=-0.49 m/s

displacement s: 5m It comes to rest so v=0

so we want to find U as that will be the final velocity off the wall,

v^2=u^2+2as

0^2=u^2+2(-0.49)(5) -------> U= sqrt(2*0.49*5)= 2.21 (2.d.p)

So R(-->) m=0.4kg u=4m/s v=-2.21 m/s

So I=m(v-u) = 0.4(-2.21-4)= 2.484 Ns and its impulse its a magnitude as both the wall and ball have the exact same impulse (i figured out for the other one/negative version)

so i swear thats right??? still dont get how you guys got 3Ns
    Your value for acceleration is incorrect.
    MuR = mass x a
    You have forgotten the mass of the particle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRPAV)
    Nah i did it like this:
    Mu= 1/8, initial velcoity=4m/s ,mass=0.4kg
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Off the wall: R(<--): deceleration: a=- muR= 1/8*0.4*g=-0.49 m/s

displacement s: 5m It comes to rest so v=0

so we want to find U as that will be the final velocity off the wall,

v^2=u^2+2as

0^2=u^2+2(-0.49)(5) -------> U= sqrt(2*0.49*5)= 2.21 (2.d.p)

So R(--> m=0.4kg u=4m/s v=-2.21 m/s

So I=m(v-u) = 0.4(-2.21-4)= 2.484 Ns and its impulse its a magnitude as both the wall and ball have the exact same impulse (i figured out for the other one/negative version)

so i swear thats right??? still dont get how you guys got 3Ns
    Your acceleration is wrong.. its
    (-0.4*g*1/8) divided by 0.4 which gave a=-1.225

ReputationRep:
    This was a resit for me, anyone else?
    Which do you prefer M1 or M2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hasib98)
    This was a resit for me, anyone else?
    Which do you prefer M1 or M2
    Not a resit for me, but I'm doing M2 next week.

I like M2 more, it's more algebraic, and more enjoyable (IMO).

ReputationRep:
    it was a 4 mark question so i think maybe 2 lost because we needed to use understanding and apply it but dont worry bro i didnt do it either
    someone just said 1 mark so hopefully its only 1! also... for question 8, i got the answer 1.2N.. but i missed out g right at the end because 1.2g = 11.76... all my equations were correct do you think I'll lose many marks? and for 8b. i should get method marks for using my answer of T? I got the angle right though

ReputationRep:
    minimum I got was 58-59. So annoyed. I was panicking with that train question and the vector F2 question so I lost 15 marks... Hopefully I scraped an A. Now I need to get 100 in c3 and c4... Feelsbadman

(Original post by FlakeFace)
    for impulse 7 marker, i resolved some forces found R found some sort of acceleration did uR for friction but didnt really put it all together and did the wrong thing to work out the impules. How many marks would i lose?
    4 I'd say.

ReputationRep:
    someone just said 1 mark so hopefully its only 1! also... for question 8, i got the answer 1.2N.. but i missed out g right at the end because 1.2g = 11.76... all my equations were correct do you think I'll lose many marks? and for 8b. i should get method marks for using my answer of T? I got the angle right though
    lets both count on that cos i lost that too xD

And yeah i think just one mark lost for first part as your method was probs top notch and probably only method marks for the next one yes

ReputationRep:
    does it matter if you put M=42 or M=42kg

ReputationRep:
    Overall it was a good paper, but I think some silly marks on the graph cost me. Unofficial mark scheme link anyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaiusMartius)
    does it matter if you put M=42 or M=42kg
    No it asked for the value, so all you had to do was say 42 but it doesn't matter if you put 42kg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRaza97)
    minimum I got was 58-59. So annoyed. I was panicking with that train question and the vector F2 question so I lost 15 marks... Hopefully I scraped an A. Now I need to get 100 in c3 and c4... Feelsbadman
    I need to smack C3 C4 and M2 as well
    really want an A* but core 3 and 4 messes me over sometimes

ReputationRep:
    My m1 was a disaster. I should've revised. I might get 60, so a B or even C?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KINGYusuf)
    Wth I got 3.2Ns for the Impulse Q?
    I got a flat 3Ns

ReputationRep:
    Will I get the mark for saying the direction of the force on the pully is Southwest??

ReputationRep:
    I need to smack C3 C4 and M2 as well
    really want an A* but core 3 and 4 messes me over sometimes
    Same. I like c3 a lot. c4 is okay but everytime I do volume of rev I put 2pi instead of pi and I need to work on my recognition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greg2321)
    For the moments question which is out of 7 marks I got the incorrect answer of M = 105 and d = but as far as i can see I did the same method as everyone who got the write answer so I must have just made a numerical mistake so does anyone have any idea of how many marks I could possibly get out of 7?
    I did the same thing! I'm glad it's not just me. D = 2.25m as well right?

I don't understand either, I did the whole simultaneous thing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.