Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel AS/A2 Mathematics M1 - 8th June 2016 - Official Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EpicTree)
    atleast 3
    That's okay I guess, dropped that and the vector 7 marker but other than that got it all right so hopefully an a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by txnilxnur)
    I did the same thing.. do you remember how many it was out of ? I think it was 7, I'm saying probably 4 marks we'd lose which is annoying cause its such a silly mistake
    Exactly! I knew exactly what I was doing with moments but I know the marking isn't at all generous for moments questions ... Really annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgia.C123)
    That's okay I guess, dropped that and the vector 7 marker but other than that got it all right so hopefully an a
    I'm sure you did great don't worry about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EpicTree)
    I'm sure you did great don't worry about it
    I wouldn't be too sure aha but thanks

ReputationRep:
    OMFG I didn't put the direction of the force on the pulley in q8 😠😠 so what is that then 1 or 2 marks lost? Aaaaah should still be 100 ums though the paper was very easy. Wish the same could be said of fp2 😰

ReputationRep:
    guys would i get any marks if i doubled the force on the pulley in the last question? i got 16.6 but then i doubled it. I also used a different way to get 16.6 (not pythagoras or 2Tcos45) :/

ReputationRep:
    my oh my. well I got question 6 wrong somehow, I did it TWICE and still got the same wrong answer ffs. I got M=30 and D=something like 2. Everything else was good though! Can't believe I got Q3 right, had 10 mins at the end and came back to it and it was rushed but thank goodness i came back to it. Except that F2 question (7a), had no idea.

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an unofficial markscheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biubiubiu)
    My m1 was a disaster. I should've revised. I might get 60, so a B or even C?
    60/75 is 80% overall, which is really good. Last year it was 59/75 for an A so you may just get an A or a high B with 60, definitely not a C. It all depends on this years boundaries, they could be lower than last year meaning that it could be 57 or 58 for an A

ReputationRep:
    how many marks would I lose as I incorrectly typed in the wrong values like an IDIOT and got the wrong answer?

Q5 C.O.F..pdf

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone post full working for the moments question?
    Im trying to work out where I messed up as I got d=2 and M=90
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Where is arsey when you need him

ReputationRep:
    Is there a more efficient way to make an unofficial mark scheme on this website? But if you have exams tommorow or close to now, worry more about them!!!

ReputationRep:
    Question 1a?

ReputationRep:
    So I think the absolute bare minimum score I got is 56/75 (this is assuming that I don't get any method marks for the two 7 markers). Would this be a B you think?

ReputationRep:
    Alot of people are saying 59-60 for A but keep in mind it was an IAL paper (i think. It looked like it from the front) and last IAL papers were about 53-54 for A

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary predictions?

ReputationRep:
    guys would I get an a for 60-65 ? dropped marks on 3b,7a Also, I wrote 11.76N for 8a and 45 degrees from horizontal for b, will I still get full marks or lose some?

ReputationRep:
    how many marks for each question?

ReputationRep:
    Should μ always be to 2sf?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 25, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.