Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Grade predictions this year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    So I think the absolute bare minimum score I got is 56/75 (this is assuming that I don't get any method marks for the two 7 markers). Would this be a B you think?
    Yeah that should be a high B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by txnilxnur)
    With the first question it asked for the answer as a bearing which is why you needed to add 90.
    As for the second question.. I'm not sure how many marks you'll lose maybe half?
    But they didn't say beating they just asked the direction? So if I mention the X axis surely I'll be marked right
    Was the friction down the slope btw

ReputationRep:
    2014 a was 58 and full ums was like 70... Hopefully something like that

ReputationRep:
    I'm beginning to think the only answer they'll accept for the last question is 225 as a bearing.

Saying 45 doesn't make sense. It's not specific enough. Your force could be going south east or south west.

Only giving your answer as a bearing leaves no uncertainty to the examiner

ReputationRep:
    I wrote m=0.73 to 2sf will I still get the mark and for the bearing I wrote 135 from i/x axis and I wrote 45 degrees below x drew diagram aswell. Do you get penalised for not writing units I wrote M=42 is this right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biubiubiu)
    My m1 was a disaster. I should've revised. I might get 60, so a B or even C?
    lol

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was the last question (Q8) worth in total?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucabrasi98)
    I'm beginning to think the only answer they'll accept for the last question is 225 as a bearing.

Saying 45 doesn't make sense. It's not specific enough. Your force could be going south east or south west.

Only giving your answer as a bearing leaves no uncertainty to the examiner
    in 2013 you got the mark for drawing a diagram and showing the force at an angle of 45 so i guess it'll be like that again i guess

ReputationRep:
    Can some one remember what question 2 was especially the working out for 2b?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CaiusMartius)
    in 2013 you got the mark for drawing a diagram and showing the force at an angle of 45 so i guess it'll be like that again i guess
    How many marks was the last question worth again? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirRaza97)
    Alot of people are saying 59-60 for A but keep in mind it was an IAL paper (i think. It looked like it from the front) and last IAL papers were about 53-54 for A
    What are you talking about? It wasn't an IAL paper...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    How many marks was the last question worth again? :/
    4, 3 marks for like some pythagoras stuff and another mark for showing the direction. Reckon either you show it on a diagram or you have a bearing, i agree just saying 45 degrees from the horizontal isn't specific enough (although it should be fine with a diagram).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom22561)

It was the scale and the mass. Can't remember fully but you had to use equations of motion

ReputationRep:
    4, 3 marks for like some pythagoras stuff and another mark for showing the direction. Reckon either you show it on a diagram or you have a bearing, i agree just saying 45 degrees from the horizontal isn't specific enough (although it should be fine with a diagram).
    Ah ok, that was the pulley question wasn't it? Just trying to get it all straight in my head

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom22561)
    Question 2 was the one about the scale-pan with a brick in it

2a) Considering the whole system:

T - 2g = 2a
    T = 2g + 2a
    T = 2(9.8) + 2(0.5)
    T = 20.6N

b) Considering the brick:

R - 1.5g = 1.5a
    R = 1.5g + 1.5a
    R = 1.5(9.8) + 1.5(0.5)
    R = 15.45N

ReputationRep:
    Oh, i didnt read that part, and just read magnitude. So, i didnt give dirention, but i did draw a diagrap with 45 degree angle, and the reaction at it as well, will that be enough? (i doubt it)

Also, i guess most of us got physics tomorrow? aqa here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    Ah ok, that was the pulley question wasn't it? Just trying to get it all straight in my head
    yup, dw about it too much, im sure you did fine it's in the past

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzer11)
    What are you talking about? It wasn't an IAL paper...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What even is an IAL paper? The international papers?

Oh i guess that'd be fine. Although oads of people in my class literally just wrote 45 degrees from the horizontal then laughed cause I was the only one who got a bearing.

I initially accepted that i was wrong but upon giving it further thought, I think they messed up.

ReputationRep:
    For F2: is it 2.5i + 2.5j

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.