Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by don't cry-craft)
    Was the May 2013 also worth 7 marks? I also did the same thing as you, and I'm hoping for atleast 3 marks if not 4.
    Yeah it was 7 marks too!

EDIT: It was 8 marks not 7

ReputationRep:
    can someone show q7 a working out?

and if u got d=1.6 and M=66 due to using wrong distance but working correct how many marks would i get?

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to ask whether ecf (error carried forward) marks are available?
    I feel like I've done the method correctly but got wrong answers for some :\

ReputationRep:
    what was the mass of the scale pan and the object inside it respectively?

ReputationRep:
    can someone explain to me how i got root 5 over 2 twice for 7a instead of 2.5i and 2.5j and how many method marks would i have got.
    Also i got 0.2 for the impulse question as forgot to change signs form 3.5 to -3.5. How many would i loose here, I'm thinking min 2 or max 3

ReputationRep:
    how many marks would i lose if u used wrong mass in pulleys Question ? therefore got wrong answer it was out of 7

ReputationRep:
    Okay I have looked at what other people got and everything for the questions, and I have come up with a minimum and maximum mark that I think I got:

Minimum - 55/75.
    Maximum - 63/75.

Hoping to get at least a high B!!!!

ReputationRep:
    also how many marks would i loose if for the moments question i took moment about A correct but B wrong so got a wrong anwser because for B i used wrong distance

ReputationRep:
    can someone put up a link to the unoffical markscheme pls .

ReputationRep:
    3>

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkY5AYZ-3Cc lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Yeah it was 7 marks too!

EDIT: It was 8 marks not 7
    We can count 2 marks off due to the wrong answers, and maybe 1 mark off for the method? Don't want to raise my hopes up though ugh, this is frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamessmith15)
    can someone explain to me how i got root 5 over 2 twice for 7a instead of 2.5i and 2.5j and how many method marks would i have got.
    Also i got 0.2 for the impulse question as forgot to change signs form 3.5 to -3.5. How many would i loose here, I'm thinking min 2 or max 3
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamessmith15)
    bump
    Tell us how you got that answer so we can see where you're going wrong.

ReputationRep:
    These were my answers (for questions I can remember). I'm confident these are all correct.
    F2 = 2.5i + 2.5j (For the second vector question)
    Impulse = 3Ns or 3kgms^-1 (for the ball hitting the wall question)
    coefficient of friction = 0.727 = 0.73
    Tension in string for pulley = 11.76N = 11.8
    Resultant tension on pulley = 16.63N = 16.6N and direction inclined 45 degrees downwards to table/horizontal
    Time = 8.75 seconds (two train speed time graph question)
    d = 1.2m, M = 42kg (For moments question)
    Feel free to ask for the method to these questions. They are all I can remember.

ReputationRep:
    wondering how many marks you guys think I'll have lost:
    on question 3, I got all the right values but for the final step I did mv+mu by mistake. Then on the moments question, I've heard that the answer was 42 and i got 411.6, so I multiplied by 9.8 in the final step when i shouldn't have.
    Overall I'm pretty pleased- this was the first M1 paper I've ever done

ReputationRep:
    guys would i get any marks if i doubled the force on the pulley in the last question? i got 16.6 but then i doubled it. I also used a different way to get 16.6 (not pythagoras or 2Tcos45) :/ im really worried i might get none
    any replies are much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BB8)
    If g is involved in the question then you have to round to 3sf or 2sf (as is stated in the instructions on the front of the paper) so it won't be awrt - you can lose up to 1 mark for this per question
    That's savage. I hate this type of stuff. I'd rather have an accurate answer than a rounded one.

ReputationRep:
    grade boundary predictions? it was a rough paper

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter if you worked out M before d?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.