Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by don't cry-craft)
    Was the May 2013 also worth 7 marks? I also did the same thing as you, and I'm hoping for atleast 3 marks if not 4.
    Yeah it was 7 marks too!

EDIT: It was 8 marks not 7

ReputationRep:
    can someone show q7 a working out?

and if u got d=1.6 and M=66 due to using wrong distance but working correct how many marks would i get?

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to ask whether ecf (error carried forward) marks are available?
    I feel like I've done the method correctly but got wrong answers for some :\

ReputationRep:
    what was the mass of the scale pan and the object inside it respectively?

ReputationRep:
    can someone explain to me how i got root 5 over 2 twice for 7a instead of 2.5i and 2.5j and how many method marks would i have got.
    Also i got 0.2 for the impulse question as forgot to change signs form 3.5 to -3.5. How many would i loose here, I'm thinking min 2 or max 3

ReputationRep:
    how many marks would i lose if u used wrong mass in pulleys Question ? therefore got wrong answer it was out of 7

ReputationRep:
    Okay I have looked at what other people got and everything for the questions, and I have come up with a minimum and maximum mark that I think I got:

Minimum - 55/75.
    Maximum - 63/75.

Hoping to get at least a high B!!!!

ReputationRep:
    also how many marks would i loose if for the moments question i took moment about A correct but B wrong so got a wrong anwser because for B i used wrong distance

ReputationRep:
    can someone put up a link to the unoffical markscheme pls .

ReputationRep:
    3>

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkY5AYZ-3Cc lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Pedro K.)
    Yeah it was 7 marks too!

EDIT: It was 8 marks not 7
    We can count 2 marks off due to the wrong answers, and maybe 1 mark off for the method? Don't want to raise my hopes up though ugh, this is frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamessmith15)
    can someone explain to me how i got root 5 over 2 twice for 7a instead of 2.5i and 2.5j and how many method marks would i have got.
    Also i got 0.2 for the impulse question as forgot to change signs form 3.5 to -3.5. How many would i loose here, I'm thinking min 2 or max 3
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamessmith15)
    bump
    Tell us how you got that answer so we can see where you're going wrong.

ReputationRep:
    These were my answers (for questions I can remember). I'm confident these are all correct.
    F2 = 2.5i + 2.5j (For the second vector question)
    Impulse = 3Ns or 3kgms^-1 (for the ball hitting the wall question)
    coefficient of friction = 0.727 = 0.73
    Tension in string for pulley = 11.76N = 11.8
    Resultant tension on pulley = 16.63N = 16.6N and direction inclined 45 degrees downwards to table/horizontal
    Time = 8.75 seconds (two train speed time graph question)
    d = 1.2m, M = 42kg (For moments question)
    Feel free to ask for the method to these questions. They are all I can remember.

ReputationRep:
    wondering how many marks you guys think I'll have lost:
    on question 3, I got all the right values but for the final step I did mv+mu by mistake. Then on the moments question, I've heard that the answer was 42 and i got 411.6, so I multiplied by 9.8 in the final step when i shouldn't have.
    Overall I'm pretty pleased- this was the first M1 paper I've ever done

ReputationRep:
    guys would i get any marks if i doubled the force on the pulley in the last question? i got 16.6 but then i doubled it. I also used a different way to get 16.6 (not pythagoras or 2Tcos45) :/ im really worried i might get none
    any replies are much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BB8)
    If g is involved in the question then you have to round to 3sf or 2sf (as is stated in the instructions on the front of the paper) so it won't be awrt - you can lose up to 1 mark for this per question
    That's savage. I hate this type of stuff. I'd rather have an accurate answer than a rounded one.

ReputationRep:
    grade boundary predictions? it was a rough paper

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter if you worked out M before d?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 25, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.