Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel AS/A2 Mathematics M1 - 8th June 2016 - Official Thread Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JLegion)
    Sorry to burst your bubble on the first one.
    The vector was 20i - 5j, if you draw it you'll see the bearing would be 90° + arctan(5/20) = 104°.
    lol I worked out the wrong angle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bulletman54)
    can someone explain question 2b ?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That was a very simple question
    If you still don't understand pm me,

ReputationRep:
    Highest grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do you think 65/75 would be UMS wise?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    What do you think 65/75 would be UMS wise?
    I'd say between 80 and 85

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neon_reaper)
    I'd say between 80 and 85
    Last year it would have been 88 if my memory is correct. However on another thread, people are saying it could be around 70 for 100 UMS?!

I didn't find it too bad, except for the impulse question, some are in agreement but others said it was really hard. I'm so conflicted!

I guess we'll have to wait and see

ReputationRep:

Yes. The day before the results.

ReputationRep:
    Last year it would have been 88 if my memory is correct. However on another thread, people are saying it could be around 70 for 100 UMS?!

I didn't find it too bad, except for the impulse question, some are in agreement but others said it was really hard. I'm so conflicted!

Personally I think 80 UMS will be about 61/75 and 90 UMS will be about 70/75. So anywhere between that really. I thought the paper was quite easy but as my teacher pointed out, the questions weren't sectioned much (e.g. part a)i)ii) b)i) etc.) so you had to know exactly what you were doing from the start of the question and that could have easily caused people to struggle

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think 80 UMS will be about 61/75 and 90 UMS will be about 70/75. So anywhere between that really. I thought the paper was quite easy but as my teacher pointed out, the questions weren't sectioned much (e.g. part a)i)ii) b)i) etc.) so you had to know exactly what you were doing from the start of the question and that could have easily caused people to struggle
    They were not sectioned much! Although that 10 marker for the coefficient of friction was a dream!

Talking to my teacher, he said there would be a lot of stuff that would cause problems. 3/8 of the questions would be alright for most candidates - with very few marks common for the impulse, force vector and moments question.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4188283

Vote now predicted grade boundary

ReputationRep:
    Quite a bit off there mate.

So how does it feel with a grade boundary of 64/75 - A for M1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadKaleem)
    Quite a bit off there mate.

So how does it feel with a grade boundary of 64/75 - A for M1
    I got 98 UMS in M1 so it was absolutely fine for me, i think my prediction was low because of what other people thought about the exam tbh

ReputationRep:
    I got 98 UMS in M1 so it was absolutely fine for me, i think my prediction was low because of what other people thought about the exam tbh
    I felt 64 was a bit harsh for GCE M1 exam, should've been more like 60/61 as you mentioned, in my opinion aswell.

I gave the M1 IAL exam, achieved 100/100. The boundary for 80 was at 56/75 and 100 at 68/75, which is ridiculously low.

The IAL paper was quite a bit tricky though.

ReputationRep:
    Would anyone be interested in setting up a A2 maths skype group chat?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.