Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, just a quick post regarding studying at University in a country other than England where I am studying now.

I have this vision of wanting the university I choose to go to as being a life experience and not just another boring +3 years in the education system. I am currently doing Maths, Economics, History and Geography at A-Level with predicted grades A/B for all. At GCSE I got 8As and a B. So I would say I am fairly bright but no where near one of the brightest at my school, not a chance.

I am in Year 12 so there is no rush in choosing/applying for a University just yet but it's just something I have been researching lately and would love thoughts and comments from other people with experience or not.

It's either London or abroad for me, sorry if that sounds naïve but I just feel like that would be the most enjoyable/interesting.I have looked into universities in the USA/Canada, the places I would have most wanted to go but the fees are just too much, the same with Australia.Countries in Europe and South Africa have much lower fees that I would be able to afford and I have seen that many courses are taken in English in most European countries such as the Netherlands and Germany which have both sparked an interest.

If you have any advice on going to University abroad at all, I would love to take it on board as I make some decisions. Also if you have pros and cons of studying in specific countries that would be great eg. Accommodation, Student Life, quality of education, general prices.

I haven't decided on any specific University's yet but there are a few in mind, ask if you care to know but I believe I can get into High-midrange University, nothing amazing because I wouldn't be able to get the grades.

Let's say I got BBB-ABB at A-Level.

Thanks people, appreciate any 2 cents you can give me.

Cheers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.