Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I usually sleep at 10:30 am + 3:00pm for ten seconds a few times, in a lesson, I continue writing etc, but it's just nonsense. But, today I was really tired, I fell asleep from 5pm and just woke up (2am), my parents let me sleep. I usually fall asleep to and from school, and sleep for a few seconds in lessons, but today was something else. I can't go to sleep right now as I'm hallucinating, have the flu, and I just fell down the stairs as my knees gave way (probably the biggest reason eh )

I've always had a problem with staying awake and randomly going weak (blurry vision, weak knees and I slur a word) but today was really bad (because of flu?).

Does anyone know what is causing this? (It's been a lesser version of this for a few months) When I was a kid I used to collapse when I was sad/in pain and had tests for it but nothing came up, might be relevant idk.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balanced)
    I usually sleep at 10:30 am + 3:00pm for ten seconds a few times, in a lesson, I continue writing etc, but it's just nonsense. But, today I was really tired, I fell asleep from 5pm and just woke up (2am), my parents let me sleep. I usually fall asleep to and from school, and sleep for a few seconds in lessons, but today was something else. I can't go to sleep right now as I'm hallucinating, have the flu, and I just fell down the stairs as my knees gave way (probably the biggest reason eh )

I've always had a problem with staying awake and randomly going weak (blurry vision, weak knees and I slur a word) but today was really bad (because of flu?).

Does anyone know what is causing this? (It's been a lesser version of this for a few months) When I was a kid I used to collapse when I was sad/in pain and had tests for it but nothing came up, might be relevant idk.

Thanks in advance.
    I'm not a doc but you sound like you need to speak to your gp
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think I will as my temp is jumping between 37 and 38.5 (using an accurate thermometer from hospital, my mum works as a physio so she has one). I'm not sure about overactive Thyroid but I'll see, thanks for the help.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Apparently I have a chance of having narcolepsy, problem might be solved but who knows eh.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by balanced)

Thanks in advance.
    Speak to your doctor. I'd suggest since it is rather bad at the moment you call to make an on the day apointment (if your surgery offers that) since it is serious.

If you feel like looking things up in the meantime a few things spring to my mind. It could be something like diabeties, kidny or liver issues etc, but since you had similar issues as a kid epilepsy and narcolepsy and other longer term conditions sound more likely to me.
    That said I don't know much about that sort of thing.

Anyway deffinately see your doctor, and prefrably soon.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.