Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to deal with peers at university who ignore you and ? watch

I'm having a problem with my peers at university. They are excluding me from information they have access to and in general from their conversations. There are two groups the ones older and the ones my age range. However it seems I'm always running after them to be included. I might just be going crazy but to just give an example- I had access to important information for our course and I shared it with the group. Whereupon no one reacted, just one to say that they've had access to that info for quite a while. Just not been to bothered to also give it through to me. I'm just blowing off some steam here hope you don't mind too much . I feel if I say something it will be as if I'm the one who has/ makes a problem where there is none. So thank you for allowing me to have my say, it's no fun to have to run after people...
    Thank you so much
    xxx

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm having a problem with my peers at university. They are excluding me from information they have access to and in general from their conversations. There are two groups the ones older and the ones my age range. However it seems I'm always running after them to be included. I might just be going crazy but to just give an example- I had access to important information for our course and I shared it with the group. Whereupon no one reacted, just one to say that they've had access to that info for quite a while. Just not been to bothered to also give it through to me. I'm just blowing off some steam here hope you don't mind too much . I feel if I say something it will be as if I'm the one who has/ makes a problem where there is none. So thank you for allowing me to have my say, it's no fun to have to run after people...
    Thank you so much
    xxx
    They sound like ***** to be honest, no need to exclude anyone or be a snob and shield important information. You should get in touch with your lecturers and ask them if its possible for them to email you notes or perhaps they could transfer things onto your usb stick? If its information from other sources though im not sure what to suggest..

Good luck with everything though, keep the head held high and know that they might have the 'important information' now but their personalities will get them nowhere in life - hope the rest of your time there goes better for you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.