Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got conditional offers from both Loughborough University and Lancaster University to study media. I narrowed down to these 2 for my insurance but it's been weeks and I still have no idea which one to choose. I've been to both universities and loved them both equally, maybe Lancaster more due to the friendliness there. If anyone can give more info about the area, the people, career prospects and the university overall that would be great and highly appreciated

Thank you x
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by heyitsjess)
    I've got conditional offers from both Loughborough University and Lancaster University to study media. I narrowed down to these 2 for my insurance but it's been weeks and I still have no idea which one to choose. I've been to both universities and loved them both equally, maybe Lancaster more due to the friendliness there. If anyone can give more info about the area, the people, career prospects and the university overall that would be great and highly appreciated

Thank you x
    Hi Jess

Well done on the offer for Loughborough great to hear that you are considering us.

Area
    Loughborough is a small town but one that is busy and within close walking distance to campus. You'll find plenty of restaurants, bars, open spaces, shops, cafes, a cinema and a market - if you fancy venturing a bit further, Loughborough has great links with Leicester, Nottingham and Derby, too.

The great thing is that whilst the town centre is only a short walk away, you can also find everything that you need on campus too You can find out more about our campus facilities here.

Atmostphere on campus
    Loughborough University has a great campus atmosphere and has been voted best for student experience for 6 consecutive years. If you visit Loughborough you might hear our students talk about the 'Loughborough bubble' - there is an incredible feeling of unity and spirit across campus, including in halls and schools/departments. For more info on student experience at Loughborough, check out this section of our website.

Career prospects
    Loughborough has excellent links with industry so your career prospects after graduating will be strong - 94% of our graduates are in employment or further education within 6 months after graduating. All of our courses have the option to include a year in industry, which is a great way of opening doors and networking - some students are asked to return after graduating in full-time roles. We also have an award-winning careers service on campus, who can help with anything from CV workshops to mock interviews and work experience.

I hope this helps - let us know if you have any more queries and we are happy to help

Amy

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.