Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hii, my period is late this month but I haven't had sex since November and have had two periods since then, along with a negative pregnancy test three weeks after having sex. I've had some cramps recently but still no period and I'm just quite confused, and quite anxious, as to what is happening

ReputationRep:
    Your body isn't clockwork - sometimes it might miss a period or start a period late or even early. You've had periods since you last had sex and you had a negative pregnancy test so it's not that you're pregnant. It seems likely that it's just your body not adhering to a rhythm. Are you on any contraception? Sometimes things like the implant can mess up your periods big time.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well, you're not pregnant.

Have you had a late period before? Stress is a classic reason for them, for example.

As ever, if you're worried, see your GP.

I took the morning after pill in late November which led to the next period being a week late but that period was normal, maybe even slightly heavier than usual then the next one came 4 weeks later. Tomorrow will be 5 weeks since my last period so it hasn't been regular since the MAP.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yep, that can be a side-effect. It will probably settle down and I wouldn't be surprised if you it arrives in the next few days.

Again, if you're worried, see your GP.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.