Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have added suitable blocks so that the app displays ten buildings and the number of computers available in each one. There are two buttons that allow the user to either reserve computers or cancel their reservations. However, if all the computers have been reserved in a building, a message is displayed to the user informing them that there are number of computers. What I need help with is how to display the buildings with computers available to book. Any help would be appreciated, and thank you in advance.
    P.S. If you need to have a look at my code to get the gist of what I have done, please private message me.

ReputationRep:
    Well i think using a database is much easier and iirc allows you to move the reservations across different pages. As for you the displaying the number of computers - Use a simple text box combined with a random integer between two given numbers so the app just randomly prints the number of pc's available each time - Your better off using a variable here. Now you can use this to starting setting up conditions

If we know the text of a box is 0 then we can setup a condition where the user is redirected back to the map or somewhere else
    if its not equal to 0 then allow the user to make a reservation and subtract 1

To cancel there reservations simply the opposite most likely and add one but you need to make sure it does not go over the max value by using one of the logic operators and maths symbols

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.