Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I need some help to decide on the accommodation at London Met.

I am mature student (30+, I know, a old fart lol!) and moving to London and thinking of living on campus but with everyone being at a young age, not sure if its a place for someone of my age.

Are there any mature students that stay on campus?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi Switch15,

Did you end up studying in London ? I'm in the same position as yourself, looking to study at London met and looking at accommodation options. I'm also in my 30s and not sure about private rents or maybe private halls and a studio ?

If anyone else has any experience of accommodation in London as a mature student it would be great to hear your experiences and advice.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm in my 40's and studying in Scotland I chose to stay in the halls of residence reserved for the mature students and PhD students; I would check if your uni has halls specially reserved for that group. It is always worth asking.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for letting me know about your experience. The university I'm looking at doesn't actually have its own halls so it would be private halls, I'll have a look and see if they have any that are geared towards just mature or postgraduates.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
London Metropolitan University resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.