switch15
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all,

I need some help to decide on the accommodation at London Met.

I am mature student (30+, I know, a old fart lol!) and moving to London and thinking of living on campus but with everyone being at a young age, not sure if its a place for someone of my age.

Are there any mature students that stay on campus?

Thanks
Richie_1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi Switch15,

Did you end up studying in London ? I'm in the same position as yourself, looking to study at London met and looking at accommodation options. I'm also in my 30s and not sure about private rents or maybe private halls and a studio ?

If anyone else has any experience of accommodation in London as a mature student it would be great to hear your experiences and advice.
libbysmum
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi I'm in my 40's and studying in Scotland I chose to stay in the halls of residence reserved for the mature students and PhD students; I would check if your uni has halls specially reserved for that group. It is always worth asking.
Richie_1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks so much for letting me know about your experience. The university I'm looking at doesn't actually have its own halls so it would be private halls, I'll have a look and see if they have any that are geared towards just mature or postgraduates.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (560)
34.06%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (677)
41.18%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (332)
20.19%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (75)
4.56%

Watched Threads