Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I got a B in AS Maths and I was quite disappointed with it. I got 65 UMS in C1, 63 UMS in S1 and 89 UMS in C2. My plan was to resit C1 and S1 but I have forgotten almost everything in S1 so I would be teaching my self again. This will take a lot of time and I also have a few other resits as well as A2 exams. Now I am so tempted to leave S1 and resit C1 and C2 and aim for approximately 95 UMS on both. I want an A in A-Level Maths and I already feel confident in C3 and M1. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jn24)
    Basically, I got a B in AS Maths and I was quite disappointed with it. I got 65 UMS in C1, 63 UMS in S1 and 89 UMS in C2. My plan was to resit C1 and S1 but I have forgotten almost everything in S1 so I would be teaching my self again. This will take a lot of time and I also have a few other resits as well as A2 exams. Now I am so tempted to leave S1 and resit C1 and C2 and aim for approximately 95 UMS on both. I want an A in A-Level Maths and I already feel confident in C3 and M1. Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks.
    Exam solutions if u want to re-teach S1. It's like being re-taught & it's simple to understand. You have aprox. 2 months, thts more than enough time to refresh your memory.

If u still want to do C1 & C2 then do simple questions as well as stuff u find difficult.

[I'm doin A-level Maths, Chem & bio (AS+A2)]

I wish u the v best x

Nikki

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BewareTomato)
    Exam solutions if u want to re-teach S1. It's like being re-taught & it's simple to understand. You have aprox. 2 months, thts more than enough time to refresh your memory.

If u still want to do C1 & C2 then do simple questions as well as stuff u find difficult.

[I'm doin A-level Maths, Chem & bio (AS+A2)]

I wish u the v best x

Nikki
    Aha I do the same subjects as you and I'm doing both of Chem (only because it is synoptic) and Unit 1 Bio. I think I'll see how helpful his S1 videos are.

Thanks a lot though
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Resit C1 and C2. They will seem laughably easy if you're doing C3/C4.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.