Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Chic Lifestyle)
    I'd be happy to help with your Youtube relaunch by doing vlogs about how I revised for 6 A-levels last year (I got A,A,A,A,B,B). Just message me
    wow!! what subjects?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ranz)
    wow!! what subjects?
    Thanks

Psychology - A
    Sociology - A
    English Literature - A
    History - A
    Government & Politics - B
    Religious Studies - B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadly)
    Hi I do english language and history and other A-levels but struggle with these essay based subjects especially history what would you advise me? I'm really scared because I don't know how to retain what I've been taught
    Have you tried making a brief overview mindmap of each subject's topics? Or using flashcards?

These are popular ways to remember the info.

My favourite way though is using the method of loci - that's how memory champions memorise massive amounts of data in short periods of time.

It takes a while and a lot of effort though to get the hang of the technique initially.

This TED talk explains how to learn it really well:

Is there anything else you need help with?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    When is manisha's new vlog

ReputationRep:
    manisha's outfits get more and more interesting each week

ReputationRep:
    I'd be happy to help with your Youtube relaunch by doing vlogs about how I revised for 6 A-levels last year (I got A,A,A,A,B,B). Just message me
    Hi just want to know, how did you manage to get grade A/B. I'm trying to get those grades, but I am finding it difficult. Do you have any tips or advice for studying biology, psychology or sociology. really need revision help. thanks.

Manisha needs to stop rebonding her hair. She's gonna bald if she continues with those hair treatments.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even gonna say anything bc I'll probably be banned for being a hater </3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    I'm not even gonna say anything bc I'll probably be banned for being a hater </3
    Pm me :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would love to try this out and vlog my journey, I have a decent camera but have no you tube experience although I have some who could help though... I am a GCSE student and would love to help with GCSE's!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalsoomb)
    Hi just want to know, how did you manage to get grade A/B. I'm trying to get those grades, but I am finding it difficult. Do you have any tips or advice for studying biology, psychology or sociology. really need revision help. thanks.
    What's your biggest struggle at the moment?

I did Sociology and Psychology. For general studying and revision advice about these subjects I've written some blog posts. Eg:

'A 7 Day Action Plan for Effective Last Minute Studying'

'The 5 Minute Studying Challenge'

I also did a series of posts where every few months I wrote a detailed account of things I had tried to boost my grades and what worked and what didn't. It was called the 'A Grade Challenge'.

I hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    BitOfAFangirl has posted only 73 times on TSR yet has convinced the upper echelons of TSR to publish her vlogs...?
    Conspiracy m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _chloeematt)
    I would love to try this out and vlog my journey, I have a decent camera but have no you tube experience although I have some who could help though... I am a GCSE student and would love to help with GCSE's!!

just leaving this here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)

just leaving this here
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    What's your biggest struggle at the moment?

I did Sociology and Psychology. For general studying and revision advice about these subjects I've written some blog posts. Eg:

'A 7 Day Action Plan for Effective Last Minute Studying'

'The 5 Minute Studying Challenge'

I also did a series of posts where every few months I wrote a detailed account of things I had tried to boost my grades and what worked and what didn't. It was called the 'A Grade Challenge'.

I hope this helps
    Biggest struggle is remembering studies for both topics and being able to write my essays in timed conditions- minus the waffling. I only have roughly 2 months left and I really need to improve my grade! Thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kalsoomb)
    Biggest struggle is remembering studies for both topics and being able to write my essays in timed conditions- minus the waffling. I only have roughly 2 months left and I really need to improve my grade! Thanks for the help
    I recommend writing model answers for each possible question that could come up. So you just memorise the studies in your model essays. This guy talks about how he did it for his Psych exam and he's selling his model essays: http://www.loopa.co.uk/

In terms of memorising stuff, have you tried breaking down the info into key terms and writing those on flashcards? Or the Method of Loci technique?

ReputationRep:
    I recommend writing model answers for each possible question that could come up. So you just memorise the studies in your model essays. This guy talks about how he did it for his Psych exam and he's selling his model essays: http://www.loopa.co.uk/

In terms of memorising stuff, have you tried breaking down the info into key terms and writing those on flashcards? Or the Method of Loci technique?
    Method of loci does not work for me
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Is manisha doing another video

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a chic lifestyle)
    i'd be happy to help with your youtube relaunch by doing vlogs about how i revised for 6 a-levels last year (i got a,a,a,a,b,b). Just message me
    six a levels! How???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.