Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to take A Level French, but I'm not sure I'll survive the GCSE.
    There's two ability groups in French at my school, I was put into the lower one at the beginning of year 10 which was right at the time but now in year 11 I am so bored.
    I'm working way ahead of the rest of the class, so I got offered to move up several times last year but I said I'd rather stay because I was comfortable with the extra work I was being given and I liked working independently which I wouldn't be able to do in the higher class.
    My teacher commented last year that I could probably have done the exams a year early, but it wasn't really an option.
    I've done all my controlled assessments ahead of the rest of the class, and I've literally got nothing to do.
    At parents evening my teacher told us that she wasn't going to let me work ahead anymore because it was getting too much, and now it's awful. I'm supposed to just consolidate what we're doing.
    I finish the booklets we do in two lessons but they're meant to last a half term, and so I just sit for most of the lesson listening to the rest of the class go through it. Sometimes I get the textbook to do but I've been set the same page for the past three lessons even though I've finished it. I do the pages in about twenty minutes and as my teacher is so busy with the rest of the class, she doesn't really notice so I just sit there. This is basically a rant, and for that I apologise, but I'm sitting in French and I'm SO BORED.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by sharpies)
    I want to take A Level French, but I'm not sure I'll survive the GCSE.
    There's two ability groups in French at my school, I was put into the lower one at the beginning of year 10 which was right at the time but now in year 11 I am so bored.
    I'm working way ahead of the rest of the class, so I got offered to move up several times last year but I said I'd rather stay because I was comfortable with the extra work I was being given and I liked working independently which I wouldn't be able to do in the higher class.
    My teacher commented last year that I could probably have done the exams a year early, but it wasn't really an option.
    I've done all my controlled assessments ahead of the rest of the class, and I've literally got nothing to do.
    At parents evening my teacher told us that she wasn't going to let me work ahead anymore because it was getting too much, and now it's awful. I'm supposed to just consolidate what we're doing.
    I finish the booklets we do in two lessons but they're meant to last a half term, and so I just sit for most of the lesson listening to the rest of the class go through it. Sometimes I get the textbook to do but I've been set the same page for the past three lessons even though I've finished it. I do the pages in about twenty minutes and as my teacher is so busy with the rest of the class, she doesn't really notice so I just sit there. This is basically a rant, and for that I apologise, but I'm sitting in French and I'm SO BORED.
    Perhaps you could ask if it is okay for you to study another subject during that time or read a book of your own or something like that?

You should probably focus on your other subjects that you might be behind in or need to do more in and go through your French revision once a week so you don't forget the content.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.