Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Park Assist watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Have you ever used park assist? What was it like? Do you bother with it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XMaramena)
    Have you ever used park assist? What was it like? Do you bother with it?
    Yeah used it on a Prius.

It was useless.

Learn to park properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaymarriott)
    Yeah used it on a Prius.

It was useless.

Learn to park properly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I concur.

I park much better and faster myself. And my park assist doesn't really work anyway - apparently I "want" to park sideways in the middle of the road. Psh

I think it's supposed to be used when you have a super tight space that you're not sure whether or not you could fit into, and it just lets the computer give you the ability to to get into spaces a few inches shorter than you probably would try yourself. Not much good if you can't trust it to park itself normally in an easy space.

Girls love it though. I think that's about as much as it's good for! :P

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Parking sensors are a godsend, but self parking cars are a bad idea for numerous reasons I can't be bothered to go into.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Parking sensors are a godsend, but self parking cars are a bad idea for numerous reasons I can't be bothered to go into.
    Agreed - mine has a rear camera that plots out your turning trajectory which is super helpful. Has a wideview mode too so you can see side to side in your blind spots.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.