Turn on thread page Beta

Running for head student watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have been nominated for head student at my sixth form and we have to give speeches on Friday. I was wondering if I could have some advice on how to be a strong candidate. There's about 12 other people who are running as well.
    If you are or have been head student, how did you achieve the position?
    What advice can you give me fo my speech? It's only meant to be 2 minutes long.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    When I was at sixth form, head boy and girl went to the popular students regardless of what they said. HG got one of the teachers to help her write her speech so that might help you?

Deputy went to the most memorable speeches - The DHBoy sang "you've got a friend in me" terribly. The DHGirl said "I hate speeches, they're stupid. I'm not doing one" and walked off. :erm:. Not sure how helpful that is for you!

ReputationRep:
    How did it go? I am applying for Head Girl in a few days, first application letters, then an interview, then shortlist of 5 candidates, then teacher vote and finally a pupil vote. Hope you got the role

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raleighs)
    I have been nominated for head student at my sixth form and we have to give speeches on Friday. I was wondering if I could have some advice on how to be a strong candidate. There's about 12 other people who are running as well.
    If you are or have been head student, how did you achieve the position?
    What advice can you give me fo my speech? It's only meant to be 2 minutes long.
    Thank you!
    i know a guy who is had student it was starnage as no one else applied according to the school but several others say they did
    Spoiler:
    Show
    his dad is a property magnate worth £10,000,000 apparently had nothing to do with it
    even he know the school just did it to get money out of him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neostigmine)
    x!
    Thank you for your advice! I went to one of my teachers (who was a politician) and asked him for some help, which was really useful!

Glad no one gave any speeches like that at my college.... though it would have been amusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naranja)
    x
    Ah, it went okay! There were 12 other people going for the roles, so it was a lot of competition. My voice was shaking during my speech but I also sounded really aggressive... I hope that didn't put people off. I think we find out who got it tomorrow...

That's a long process! But a lot more practical than ours. We just had to be nominated by a student, then we do a student vote for the Team Members, then a student and teacher vote for Head Students which is all very higgledy-piggledy. I wish you luck with everything!

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.