Prefer not to say
    0%

ReputationRep:
    well I'm studying at Plymouth atm
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Airmed)
    Now then mucker. Ye see hi there's 2 wee definitions for a culchie and ye fit both of them. One, ye live in the arse end of nowhere. Two, ya don't come from Derry. So like everyone here is a culchie except me.

Right, that's me Derry speak done on TSR for the rest of the year like lads.
    Arse end of nowhere? Hi now, I'll have ye know that Derrylin is the hometown of former billionaire Seán Quinn!
    Although the point must be made that those bloody bankers ruined him like they have everything else.
    Ah here I'm having to commute to Belfast and there are few culchies there. The only city that doesn't qualify for non-culchie status is Cork, and that's because it's the ancestral home of mulchies.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cBay)
    well I'm studying at Plymouth atm
    Christ, I was there a while back - some of it is worse-looking than Brixton but Drake's Circus and Royal William Yard are top-notch looking places, the old Navy yard is class
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Arse end of nowhere? Hi now, I'll have ye know that Derrylin is the hometown of former billionaire Seán Quinn!
    Although the point must be made that those bloody bankers ruined him like they have everything else.
    Ah here I'm having to commute to Belfast and there are few culchies there. The only city that doesn't qualify for non-culchie status is Cork, and that's because it's the ancestral home of mulchies.
    Sean Quinn is a bloody tosspot. And christ d'ye not like hate the Belfast accent?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Sean Quinn is a bloody tosspot. And christ d'ye not like hate the Belfast accent?
    Sean Quinn's not that bad to be fair to him, he was screwed over by the bankers.
    Good god yes! Some of the ones in Belfast sound horrible, especially those ones from North/East Belfast. If ye tried to say "I love you" in a Belfast accent it would sound like a threat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Christ, I was there a while back - some of it is worse-looking than Brixton but Drake's Circus and Royal William Yard are top-notch looking places, the old Navy yard is class
    Yea it's been a bit neglected over the years.. There are some nice parts, but as a student I don't get out to see them all that often the rest of the city seems pretty reliant on students and the navy to keep its economy afloat. Compared to the rest of the South, it's very much out of place, it feels like a northern city to me.

ReputationRep:
    I regard myself as a culchie and would likely confuse most of you when I speak in RL. Went to school in Coleraine so you'll get called "sir" a lot.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    I regard myself as a culchie and would likely confuse most of you when I speak in RL. Went to school in Coleraine so you'll get called "sir" a lot.
    'Mucker'' and 'lad' for me now.

ReputationRep:
    Hampshire master race. Personally wish the government would create a new South Central region consisting of Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorset, West Berkshire and Isle of Wight so I could put that instead of being lumped in with Kent. Makes much more local sense and the population would be higher than the North East or East Midlands regions.

ReputationRep:
    'Mucker'' and 'lad' for me now.
    Horse was an obscure one.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to ask why Northern Ireland and Ireland, 2 separate counties have been included in the same poll option

Airmed DMcGovern
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by adam9317)
    I would like to ask why Northern Ireland and Ireland, 2 separate counties have been included in the same poll option

Airmed DMcGovern
    Because Hazzer is sound enough to know they should both simply be another region of the UK rather than two separate regions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Because Hazzer is sound enough to know they should both simply be another region of the UK rather than two separate regions

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It would be like putting Luxembourg and Belgium on the same poll option voting for where you live inside the European Dictatorship!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It would be like putting Luxembourg and Belgium on the same poll option voting for where you live inside the European Dictatorship!
    No it's not . i was done purely for simplicity and the fact they are both on the same land mass .....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    No it's not . i was done purely for simplicity and the fact they are both on the same land mass .....
    All of the other options are on the same land mass

Don't worry, it was only a joke for my wee NI friends, I couldnt really care TBH
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    All of the other options are on the same land mass

Don't worry, it was only a joke for my wee NI friends, I couldnt really care TBH
    Ture but for the sake of simplicity
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Luxembourg is a province that Belgium belligerently split from and half of Luxembourg wants to join them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Luxembourg is a province that Belgium belligerently split from and half of Luxembourg wants to join them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So Luxembourg is essentially Belgium or Province of Belgium like Holland is a province of the Netherlands ?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    So Luxembourg is essentially Belgium or Province of Belgium like Holland is a province of the Netherlands ?
    There is a province of Belgium called Luxembourg, but it's separate from the independent Grand Duchy of Luxembourg that you are probably thinking of.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    There is a province of Belgium called Luxembourg, but it's separate from the independent Grand Duchy of Luxembourg that you are probably thinking of.
    i see my bad

so there the sovereign country of Luxembourg and a province of Belgium called Luxembourg

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.