Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So since Christmas ive been wanting to drop out, ive been attending still not much but still attending up until 2 weeks ago, I really hate uni, I just dont enjoy the course, haven't made many friends it gives me really bad anxiety/ social anxiety to even go into university. I want to take a year out and do a different course. I get student loan and a grant but I am extremely worried about the grant, i'm waiting till the next term to drop out with is next week but will they demand the grant back for this term? even though I somewhat attended and participated even though I haven't attended for 2 weeks before the end of the term? id rather just not go in and fail the year if they are going to demand money back that ive already spent? I have no job so I will go on the dole when I drop out till I find a job will they demand for the grant back? would appreciate replies as I have been worrying over it for 2 weeks now(I am also a first year student)

ReputationRep:
    I had the same problem as it goes speak to your careers advisers/disability support team at uni (something I wish I had done first off) They will demand the grant back, but you may have to pay it back in installments (as a first year who dropped out due to sickness in December 2015 I am currently paying back over £700 to them right now student finance from my experience are as useless as they are nasty

I know how worried these situations can make a person; and hope that you can find someone at uni who knows what they're doing and can support you during this difficult time x good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.