Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Which would you say is better in terms of town, people, tutors, graduate prospects, etc?

I only have a couple of days to reply to my offer from Falmouth, and to be honest I'm quite drawn to it. On the other hand Bournemouth has offered me a pre masters course to get in some intensive practice in the subject to prepare me (currently doing my undergrad in English literature) so that might be a better option?

Does anyone know anything about either of these universities? I'm also still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and UAL. I understand that a lot of this is subjective and that when it comes down to it they're all good universities but which ones would you pick?

Any advice from graduates and alumni as well as current students is greatly appreciated!
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by grannygrantham)
    Which would you say is better in terms of town, people, tutors, graduate prospects, etc?

I only have a couple of days to reply to my offer from Falmouth, and to be honest I'm quite drawn to it. On the other hand Bournemouth has offered me a pre masters course to get in some intensive practice in the subject to prepare me (currently doing my undergrad in English literature) so that might be a better option?

Does anyone know anything about either of these universities? I'm also still waiting to hear from Edinburgh and UAL. I understand that a lot of this is subjective and that when it comes down to it they're all good universities but which ones would you pick?

Any advice from graduates and alumni as well as current students is greatly appreciated!
    For Masters courses you can accept as many offers as you like because you apply directly and not through UCAS. Check the small print about whether you need to pay deposits and when you commit to paying fees but usually this will be in the Summer/Autumn.

But you can should be able to accept and offer from Falmouth without any financial commitment.

Looking at the Falmouth website they seem to charge an acceptance fee? If you're not sure and don't want to pay this fee then contact them and ask them to extend the deadline for accepting. This really shouldn't be a problem. If they wont extend the deadline for accepting then I'd be very wary of accepting to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    For Masters courses you can accept as many offers as you like because you apply directly and not through UCAS. Check the small print about whether you need to pay deposits and when you commit to paying fees but usually this will be in the Summer/Autumn.

But you can should be able to accept and offer from Falmouth without any financial commitment.

Looking at the Falmouth website they seem to charge an acceptance fee? If you're not sure and don't want to pay this fee then contact them and ask them to extend the deadline for accepting. This really shouldn't be a problem. If they wont extend the deadline for accepting then I'd be very wary of accepting to be honest.
    Hi there, thanks for your reply.

You are correct; they require me to pay a £1,000 deposit by early next week upon accepting the offer. Seeing as I'm still waiting on Edinburgh and UAL, I'd rather have all my offers in hand before making a decision.

I took your advice and emailed them requesting them to extend the window, fingers crossed!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.