Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have 5 offers from university's to start in sept 2016 but my top 2 are Bath Spa and Staffordshire to study photography. I've been to open days for both and have been looking on here and seen good and bad points for both but I still don't know which will be my first and second choice!!

Just wondered people's opinions on these two uni's??

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm a first year Radio Production student at Staffs. I love it here, even though it was a huge change from what I am used to as I come from a really small town. I love the uni, the lecturers are really friendly and are great with their pastoral care. I never thought I was going to be able to actually go to uni and so even making it to the end of the first year is amazing, but I couldn't have done it without the help of the uni. What in particular would you like to know about and maybe I can help?

ReputationRep:
    Hi thanks for the reply! I just wondered what staffs was like as a uni, the accommodation looks great and the course does too but I have seen some bad reviews about the area being rough and lecturers not giving support so I just wanted a current students honest point of view on the uni to help with my decision

ReputationRep:
    I think the area can look rough when you first get here, but as I said, I come from a small town so I wasn't used to it. But I have had no trouble at all since I got here and have not seen anything that would be of a concern. I actually love Stoke and have loved the adventure of a new town, there's loads to do and places to go but it's also nicely out the way, which is great! My lecturers have been incredible, their pastoral care is wonderful and they really have become like second parents to me. My tutor is lovely and I know I can go to any of my lecturers with any problems and they will get sorted. Every uni has it's good and bad points and Staffs isn't perfect but I have loved the experience of this university!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.