Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I am in my first year and the course I am studying just isn't for me (Computer Animation and VFX), I used to think that I was going on the right path and that I'd go through my 3 years and get the job I wanted since sixth form college.

However, looking back I wish I did different subjects at A level, the course I am on has shown me that I don't really want to do 3D art and VFX etc as a job, but I still want to keep it as a hobby.

My results and courses at A level were:
    Graphic Design-A*
    Music technology-D
    Mathematics-E

Looking back I feel as if I could have done a lot more in maths, I could have done homework, I could have paid more attention, and I could have spent some of my free time studying. I sort of miss studying, my course is interesting but as I said, just not for me, now I'd rather peruse something academic.

All in all I want to start from A-level again. I've been looking into distance learning and the plan I've sort of got in my head is to go back home and enrol in an English Language and Psychology A-Level course and study over the summer until the exams next June.

I can apply to uni like normal through UCAS as an individual and hope for the best come results day. However my one question is that if I enrol for two A-level courses how will this affect my UCAS score and chances of getting into uni since I will technically have 5 A-Levels.I've had a glance at some courses and the requirements ask for AAB and similar, how is it all worked out basically?

Any extra advice is also welcome

ReputationRep:
    I'd recommend a foundation year, I went back to college after I finished 1 year of AS to restart with biology etc, I hated it, everyone was like 2 years younger than lol and that really doesn't matter when it's 20 and 18 but 18 and 16 year olds don't mix...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.