Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have offers from Bristol and Nottingham to study economics and Philosophy, Bsc at Bristol, BA at Nottingham. Which university/course do you think would be more likely to secure me a front office job? Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ARSHKFW)
    I have offers from Bristol and Nottingham to study economics and Philosophy, Bsc at Bristol, BA at Nottingham. Which university/course do you think would be more likely to secure me a front office job? Thank you.
    I don't think any of them are target but I know Nottingham are like semi-target, quite a few get into IB through that uni.

ReputationRep:
    You'd probably get a better response with the BSc on your CV. It will depend on what area you want to go into

ReputationRep:
    Just search top university in economics and take your pick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    Just search top university in economics and take your pick
    There's one place difference between them and it swaps around most years

ReputationRep:
    I thought Nottingham was a BSc if you take a lot of econometrics units?

ReputationRep:
    Notts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JRKinder)
    I thought Nottingham was a BSc if you take a lot of econometrics units?
    for straight econ i think so, im doing economics and philosophy
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Princepieman

ReputationRep:
    Both are semi-targets. Nothing more needs to be said as everything else will depend on you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Think about which uni may help you more to get internships/ work experience. Is one better than the other at this?

Are you currently networking? Consider your contacts that have been to these unis or highly rate them, you could get in touch once you have graduated.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by *Stefan*)
    Both are semi-targets. Nothing more needs to be said as everything else will depend on you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This ^

(Original post by ARSHKFW)
    Both are 'semi-targets' and have fairly decent finance societies so can't really pinpoint which is better per se.. Honestly, I'd factor out IB into your decision making because of how close cut these two are.

Focus more on: campus vs city? course content? year abroad available? accommodation? etc.

To be perfectly honest, you need to have a solid CV to actually give yourself a decent shot. So try to find work experience, get involved with extracurricular stuff (don't just do things for the sake of it, try to actually enjoy what you're doing), volunteer and network/reach out to people in the positions you see yourself in. Start from now.

ReputationRep:
    i think you need to look at the uni stat for both of them , however both uni's would be semi-targeted ,

ReputationRep:
    Bristol would give a higher chance of a front office job.

Probably.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Buttmuffin)
    Bristol would give a higher chance of a front office job.

Probably.
    False.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.