Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well title says it all! I have my offer and can't wait to go! Just wondered how many other users are going too!

ReputationRep:
    Yes! I'm hoping to do Computer Science after the foundation year. My conditional offer is ABC/BBC, wbu? Will you be living in halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubyx)
    Yes! I'm hoping to do Computer Science after the foundation year. My conditional offer is ABC/BBC, wbu? Will you be living in halls?
    I am going to be doing Mechanical Engineering!
    I have the same conditions lol. Have you firmed them? Did you do maths at a levels?
    I honestly have no idea! What about you? I may either go to Raleigh Park or stay in halls, depending on what my 1st year friend does.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've got an offer of ABC which I've accepted as my firm choice and I'm hoping to do civil engineering after

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting to hear back....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safia11)
    Hi I've got an offer of ABC which I've accepted as my firm choice and I'm hoping to do civil engineering after
    Oh ok, good luck! Are you a home student or international?

(Original post by leavingthecity)
    I'm waiting to hear back....
    Good luck on getting an offer! Should hopefully come soon! Are you a home student or international?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawbringer)
    Oh ok, good luck! Are you a home student or international?

Good luck on getting an offer! Should hopefully come soon! Are you a home student or international?
    Thanks!

I'm a home student

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!

I'm a home student
    Ok and yep hopefully it should come soon! Did you apply for any other foundation years or you got your heart set on Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! And you! Home student on a gap year atm to do some retakes

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! And you! Home student on a gap year atm to do some retakes
    Wow, I am in the exact same situation! Though I have to retake A2 due to medical issues in my actual A2 year! I'm so annoyed for not doing Maths A-level but I guess the foundation year is the easier but far more expensive option!

BTW do you guys know where we will study? I want to get my accommodation pretty close to the uni! Probably do it in Broadgate park!
    Have you been to the openday? I firmed cause it has a pretty damn good pass rate at like 80-90% and has a lower grade requirement than others :P

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I am in the exact same situation! Though I have to retake A2 due to medical issues in my actual A2 year! I'm so annoyed for not doing Maths A-level but I guess the foundation year is the easier but far more expensive option!

BTW do you guys know where we will study? I want to get my accommodation pretty close to the uni! Probably do it in Broadgate park!
    Have you been to the openday? I firmed cause it has a pretty damn good pass rate at like 80-90% and has a lower grade requirement than others :P
    Woah that's weird! I hope you're better now. Yeah I'm retaking four to bring my grades up after some issues in a2. I'm so glad someone is in the same situation i was worried I was going to be the oldest haha. Yeah it is definitely more expensive but it'll get us where we want to be and I think I read somewhere it's university park campus, I went to the open day and loved the uni.

ReputationRep:
    Woah that's weird! I hope you're better now. Yeah I'm retaking four to bring my grades up after some issues in a2. I'm so glad someone is in the same situation i was worried I was going to be the oldest haha. Yeah it is definitely more expensive but it'll get us where we want to be and I think I read somewhere it's university park campus, I went to the open day and loved the uni.
    Yeah haha, it was diabetes with pretty high sugar left untreated and left kind of late lol! But I'm fine now thanks! Na, the difference between like a 17 and 19 year old won't be huge lol. Yeah it's gonna be in Uni park but it's pretty huge, I am guessing it's going to be in the normal engineering area. That's great. Hope to meet you guys soon!

Did you get an offer of either getting ABC or BBB? Or just ABC only? I got the former, was wondering if most others got the same.

Yep, as someone once said 'You made it and that's what counts!'.

ReputationRep:
    Ok and yep hopefully it should come soon! Did you apply for any other foundation years or you got your heart set on Nottingham?
    I've got an interview with York on 7/3 and an offer from ucl but for a different course that I don't want to do really.

You?

ReputationRep:
    I've got an interview with York on 7/3 and an offer from ucl but for a different course that I don't want to do really.

You?
    Applied for Sheffield, Bham, Southampton, Nottingham and loughborugh. I got offers from all of them, but the rest were pretty much gonna be a lot harder than Nottingham, most had like a 60% pass rate and I just can't risk failing so I chose Nottingham(80%-90% pass rate) even though it was my lowest offer as my Firm (of ABC or BBB).

Also it's a like a mix of hard work as well as some chill time unlike something as intense as Southampton. And you can always transfer after the foundation year, Nottingham's foundation year is pretty well respected!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah haha, it was diabetes with pretty high sugar left untreated and left kind of late lol! But I'm fine now thanks! Na, the difference between like a 17 and 19 year old won't be huge lol. Yeah it's gonna be in Uni park but it's pretty huge, I am guessing it's going to be in the normal engineering area. That's great. Hope to meet you guys soon!

Did you get an offer of either getting ABC or BBB? Or just ABC only? I got the former, was wondering if most others got the same.

Yep, as someone once said 'You made it and that's what counts!'.
    Glad you're doing better now! And guess I'm getting worried over nothing haha. Yes probably and also looking forwards to meeting everyone! Yes I got ABC or BBB as well but I've chosen not to retake physics I dont think I'll improve on my C grade so I'm looking at ABC with A in maths and B in classics. Which subjects did you take? Very true!

ReputationRep:
    Glad you're doing better now! And guess I'm getting worried over nothing haha. Yes probably and also looking forwards to meeting everyone! Yes I got ABC or BBB as well but I've chosen not to retake physics I dont think I'll improve on my C grade so I'm looking at ABC with A in maths and B in classics. Which subjects did you take? Very true!
    Yeah, remember foundation years tend to attract older students anyway, like mature students so there will be people older than us for sure! There will also be many international students, but I heard they really don't interact too much lol.

I am doing:

Biology
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I am retaking 1 paper from biology to pull my C to an A! I got A for AS and A for the 1st unit of A2 but U for the 2nd one :L lol!

Psychology
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I got a C with B in AS and D in A2, retaking 1 D paper to try and get it to like a B or A, so I can end up with a B

Chemistry
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I got high B in AS, U in A2, overall D, retaking both A2 units!

It's not gonna be an easy next few months for each of us lol! I am kind of hoping Nottingham are gonna be slightly lenient anyway, but I am still gonna work hard. Starting tomorrow ;P.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, remember foundation years tend to attract older students anyway, like mature students so there will be people older than us for sure! There will also be many international students, but I heard they really don't interact too much lol.

I am doing:

Biology
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I am retaking 1 paper from biology to pull my C to an A! I got A for AS and A for the 1st unit of A2 but U for the 2nd one :L lol!
    Psychology
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I got a C with B in AS and D in A2, retaking 1 D paper to try and get it to like a B or A, so I can end up with a B
    Chemistry
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I got high B in AS, U in A2, overall D, retaking both A2 units!
    It's not gonna be an easy next few months for each of us lol! I am kind of hoping Nottingham are gonna be slightly lenient anyway, but I am still gonna work hard. Starting tomorrow ;P.
    Yes very true! I guess we'll have to see haha. Great as grades looks like you stand a good chance of getting in. Nope it's going to be pretty tough! And yes especially with it being a foundation course. Haha I've definitely been saying that for a few weeks :P

ReputationRep:
    Yes very true! I guess we'll have to see haha. Great as grades looks like you stand a good chance of getting in. Nope it's going to be pretty tough! And yes especially with it being a foundation course. Haha I've definitely been saying that for a few weeks :P
    At least once you get in, it shouldn't be too hard, having done maths and physics already. That's pretty much all you will do for the year lol. I honestly can't wait to study them, sick of Bio and psychology. It will be a breath of fresh air.
    I am guessing you won't be too happy doing physics and maths all over again for like the 4th year lol.

ReputationRep:
    At least once you get in, it shouldn't be too hard, having done maths and physics already. That's pretty much all you will do for the year lol. I honestly can't wait to study them, sick of Bio and psychology. It will be a breath of fresh air.
    I am guessing you won't be too happy doing physics and maths all over again for like the 4th year lol.
    I've always found physics tough so I think the reinforcement could be good haha. Yes it'll be very different! What made you choose engineering? Maths I love, physics not so much haha.

ReputationRep:
    I've always found physics tough so I think the reinforcement could be good haha. Yes it'll be very different! What made you choose engineering? Maths I love, physics not so much haha.
    I've kind of always been someone to tinker with stuff, opening my xbox, fixing controls and all that. I also really wanted to be more in touch with the maths world and physics, so engineering seemed great. I don't know if ill stick to being a engineer all my life, maybe a teacher or something I enjoy!

What about yourself?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.