Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Laser hair removal? @Guys @Girls Watch

ReputationRep:
    Q) Would you ever consider laser hair removal? If so why?

I've read that it lasts roughly 5-6 months and you have to make continuous appointments etc.
    I'm considering to get laser hair removal even though I'm not that hairy.

Reasoning behind my perspective is that it helps to save time shaving say you take 30 mins/week over 4 weeks/1 month = 2 hours lost and over 6 months thats 12 hours of your life gone. :gasp:

I'd rather spend 1 hour of my life going to the appointment and spend the rest of my hours (11 hours left) either relaxing/studying/working etc. :cookie:

What do you think? :hmmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Which hair are you looking to get removed? 0.0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Q) Would you ever consider laser hair removal? If so why?

I've read that it lasts roughly 5-6 months and you have to make continuous appointments etc.
    I'm considering to get laser hair removal even though I'm not that hairy.

Reasoning behind my perspective is that it helps to save time shaving say you take 30 mins/week over 4 weeks/1 month = 2 hours lost and over 6 months thats 12 hours of your life gone. :gasp:

I'd rather spend 1 hour of my life going to the appointment and spend the rest of my hours (11 hours left) either relaxing/studying/working etc. :cookie:

What do you think? :hmmmm:
    Assuming we are not talking about face I would if I was 20 ...

ReputationRep:
    :giggle:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Which hair are you looking to get removed? 0.0
    Personally, I'm looking into underarms/front/back but thats because I like seeing my physique aesthetic wise whether on a bulk/cut. Its just my preference though the same could be said to anybody just in general for time convenience.

What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I'm looking into underarms/front/back but thats because I like seeing my physique aesthetic wise whether on a bulk/cut. Its just my preference though the same could be said to anybody just in general for time convenience.

What do you think?
    I dunno tbh. Mine doesn't grow excessively so it looks alright without being shaved often, so it doesn't bother me that much. I guess if yours does though you might find it more useful
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Considered, yes, but I've heard mixed things about how 'permanent' it really is, so have given electrolysis more serious thought. Either way, the time and money involved (plus living halfway up a mountain, hours away from anywhere I could get it done, and being unable to drive to boot) mean I'm unlikely to book anytime soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Considered, yes, but I've heard mixed things about how 'permanent' it really is, so have given electrolysis more serious thought. Either way, the time and money involved (plus living halfway up a mountain, hours away from anywhere I could get it done, and being unable to drive to boot) mean I'm unlikely to book anytime soon.
    Electrolysis I've heard is very painful though it is permanent.
    I was considering laser hair removal because its less painful and although temporary results it does save time, which = money.

ReputationRep:
    x
    i have to ask, why am i tagged? i would consider having it done but i wouldn't get it done through appointments i would buy my own machine. its much cheaper. my dad has a lazer machine(he uses it for his cheeks to give his beard a sharper shape) and it actually works. im considering doing it on myself but the only problem is that i wax and once you are undergoing laser hair removal treatment you cannot pull our hairs out, you have to shave and that puts me off i hate shaving.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    i have to ask, why am i tagged? i would consider having it done but i wouldn't get it done through appointments i would buy my own machine. its much cheaper. my dad has a lazer machine(he uses it for his cheeks to give his beard a sharper shape) and it actually works. im considering doing it on myself but the only problem is that i wax and once you are undergoing laser hair removal treatment you cannot pull our hairs out, you have to shave and that puts me off i hate shaving.
    Sorry, I just wanted a girls opinion on it. Ah, thats nice to know.
    Its just time v.s money in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I just wanted a girls opinion on it. Ah, thats nice to know.
    Its just time v.s money in the end.
    haha dont be sorry, feel free to ask me anything you wanted a girls opinion on if lazer hair treatment works or guys who do it?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    tbh i rather shave, if i opt for the laser and there's a remainder of time, i'd probably use that time to procrastinate. my legs are hairy but that's none of my concern, i would laser my moustache and facial hair though,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkap)
    haha dont be sorry, feel free to ask me anything you wanted a girls opinion on if lazer hair treatment works or guys who do it?
    Yeah, I kinda wanted to know whether if girls generally would consider them
    aswell as what girls think of guys who do them.

It just comes down to how much time you have for things.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I kinda wanted to know whether if girls generally would consider them
    aswell as what girls think of guys who do them.

It just comes down to how much time you have for things.
    its okay for underarm hair as thats just gross on guys when they dont shave it. its not off putting for front and back too, at least your not doing your arms and legs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.