Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I applied for a course and got rejected as I had no predicted grades and by current currents were below the entry requirements (2 of the grades were 1 below, so not a huge jump), I asked for feedback on my rejection and I was told that I didn't meet the selection, which I came to terms with after a few weeks.

Then I received an email asking for me to have my tutor email them directly with predicted grades for the A levels I am doing, if I wish to be reconsidered, which my tutor did and they responded to my tutor acknowledging it and they said it would be put with the rest of my application.

Now as my application was already rejected, will they remove my rejection before they check the new information?

I've not really known of anyone being in the same situation as me, so I don't know what to expect.

ReputationRep:
    Someone in the office gets a kick out of rejecting people so they decided to do it to you twice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Someone in the office gets a kick out of rejecting people so they decided to do it to you twice
    I wouldn't be surprised if that happened

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    I wouldn't be surprised if that happened

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol it might sound mean but don't get your hopes up, it may or may not be accepted but you should proceed as though you've already been rejected otherwise it'll hurt more.

ReputationRep:
    Lol it might sound mean but don't get your hopes up, it may or may not be accepted but you should proceed as though you've already been rejected otherwise it'll hurt more.
    Yeah I guess because they'll be considering my application later, I'll have less of a chance.

Quite annoying considering they told me it would be fine to not have predicted grades at first, as I'm not in school to be given them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Basically I applied for a course and got rejected as I had no predicted grades and by current currents were below the entry requirements (2 of the grades were 1 below, so not a huge jump), I asked for feedback on my rejection and I was told that I didn't meet the selection, which I came to terms with after a few weeks.

Then I received an email asking for me to have my tutor email them directly with predicted grades for the A levels I am doing, if I wish to be reconsidered, which my tutor did and they responded to my tutor acknowledging it and they said it would be put with the rest of my application.

Now as my application was already rejected, will they remove my rejection before they check the new information?

I've not really known of anyone being in the same situation as me, so I don't know what to expect.
    One possibility is that they have a shortfall of applicants and have been digging around among those previously rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ageshallnot)
    One possibility is that they have a shortfall of applicants and have been digging around among those previously rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I hope that is the case, but they did say on my rejection and in my feedback that it was due to predicted grades not being available so I hope now I have them, things will be better.

I guess now I can just be rejected for something else rather than my predicted grades, I think my personal statement is alright considering I have 4 other offers and the school I did attend had a GCSE pass rate of about 40% which should apparently work in my favour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

They can change a reject to an offer (as long as you don't choose a firm/insurance in the meantime).

What they can't do is change a reject back to an undecided.

It would be worth contacting them asking when they expect to have reconsidered you (and to ask for them to notify when this happens either way) so that you know when to make decisions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    They can change a reject to an offer (as long as you don't choose a firm/insurance in the meantime).

What they can't do is change a reject back to an undecided.

It would be worth contacting them asking when they expect to have reconsidered you (and to ask for them to notify when this happens either way) so that you know when to make decisions.
    I was thinking of doing this but I feel so desperate and I don't want it to affect me in a bad way like they think I'm impatient and they instantly reject me again.

How should I word it exactly, like:
    "Would it be possible to have an indication of when I would receive a decision on being reconsidered?"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking of doing this but I feel so desperate and I don't want it to affect me in a bad way like they think I'm impatient and they instantly reject me again.

"Would it be possible to have an indication of when I would receive a decision on being reconsidered?"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can understand your feeling anxious about this, but they have been making the running, in getting in touch with you after the initial rejection, so you really shouldn't feel worried about being a nuisance. The way you have phrased it is fine. You have nothing to lose anyway, and you have a right to know what they are planning since it will affect the rest of your applications. If they aren't yet ready to tell you, fair enough, but you shouldn't feel bad about wanting to know, and they will expect that you do.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just tell them that you have responses from your other 4 choices and so need to start thinking about choosing a firm and insurance before the early May deadline. And at the moment you're holding off because they said they're reconsidering so can then say when they expect to make a decision and can they confirm that they'll notify you when that happens either way.

ReputationRep:
    lol they actually did.

Fortunately my other offers are pretty decent as well.

ReputationRep:
    lol they actually did.

Fortunately my other offers are pretty decent as well.
    And the Oscar for being a **** goes to...

ReputationRep:
    And the Oscar for being a **** goes to...
    Luckily, I'd already sorted out applicant days with other places but it does feel like a big waste of 2 weeks of my time to get my tutor to send them a 2nd reference basically.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Luckily, I'd already sorted out applicant days with other places but it does feel like a big waste of 2 weeks of my time to get my tutor to send them a 2nd reference basically.
    Name and shame!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yes, please do Dinasaurus!

By knowing who it is, we can use this when talking to other applicants on TSR. :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    Yes, please do Dinasaurus!

By knowing who it is, we can use this when talking to other applicants on TSR. :heart:
    UEA.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    UEA.
    Not one of our usual suspects but thanks for letting us know.

If they're making a dogs breakfast of things already at this stage then it's possible they'll be in a right mess when it comes to results.

Congrats on your other offers and sorry you've been messed around. At least you weren't left hanging for too long:yes:

ReputationRep:
    My partner found out yesterday that her college had not sent her grades and second reference to the university (yesterday being deadline day). The request fir thus was put in during November 2015. She made a few calls and sent some emails and she was told it will be deakt with immediately.
    20 minutes later she received a copy of what had been sent to the university. Firstly her name was wrong, the reference wasnt even finished (last sentence ending with "in the") and most importantly her grades were incorrect. She brought this up with the college and she was told it would be ammended and a cover letter sent to explain.
    She has applied for child nursing and is a FULL distinction student.
    The university has rejected her this evening on the grounds that her grades do not meet the criteria. It clearly does. I can only assume they have onky received the first incorrect grades.
    Once this is sorted with the college is the university able to remove the rejection if it wants to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Not one of our usual suspects but thanks for letting us know.

If they're making a dogs breakfast of things already at this stage then it's possible they'll be in a right mess when it comes to results.

Congrats on your other offers and sorry you've been messed around. At least you weren't left hanging for too long:yes:
    I think they probably would be better for more usual applicants, my case of applying in a gap year whilst resitting exams privately probably doesn't happen often.

The only reason I am annoyed is I actually emailed UEA before applying back in December telling them my specific case, and they said it would be ok as long as I specified I wasn't at school now and I was retaking.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.