Turn on thread page Beta

i can not seem to get a long term permanant job !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I'm feeling extremely annoyed its being about a month since i was let go from my last job which was a temp job! and i can't seem to get a job its annoying me i want to move out from home with my mate i need a new car as mines on its last legs it 12+ years old, i have so much debt which the monthly payments i have to make , my jsa does not even meet, if my parents were not supporting me id be bankrupt and living in a hostel or something! I'm waiting on 3 jobs i should hear back from 2 by friday this week and also i have an interview / assessment day for a prison job in the coming weeks, i look at jobs everyday but there doesn't seem to be much.... I'm qualified and have experience i dont see what the problem is here ! is anyone else in this situation ? also i find going to sign on jsa humiliating and the staff are unhelpful... they asked me if i wanted to go on to a retail training course with a gurtanteed interview for kfc ! I'm a career person and have always had decent jobs i explained this and that y current skill set was too good for that kind of work ! she agreed and said just keep applying thats 4 weeks I've being singing on :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAN93)
    Hey guys,
    I'm feeling extremely annoyed its being about a month since i was let go from my last job which was a temp job! and i can't seem to get a job its annoying me i want to move out from home with my mate i need a new car as mines on its last legs it 12+ years old, i have so much debt which the monthly payments i have to make , my jsa does not even meet, if my parents were not supporting me id be bankrupt and living in a hostel or something! I'm waiting on 3 jobs i should hear back from 2 by friday this week and also i have an interview / assessment day for a prison job in the coming weeks, i look at jobs everyday but there doesn't seem to be much.... I'm qualified and have experience i dont see what the problem is here ! is anyone else in this situation ? also i find going to sign on jsa humiliating and the staff are unhelpful... they asked me if i wanted to go on to a retail training course with a gurtanteed interview for kfc ! I'm a career person and have always had decent jobs i explained this and that y current skill set was too good for that kind of work ! she agreed and said just keep applying thats 4 weeks I've being singing on :L
    I'm sorry you're going through a touch time job wise, my only advice would be to apply to as many jobs as possible, regardless of your qualifications, you'll be much more likely to at least get interviews (which will help you improve your interview technique) and stay positive!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    i'm curious. what degree did you do and what university did you go to?

ReputationRep:
    i did business management and went to leeds thanks for the advice! fingers crossed I'm sorted by mid march im sick of being in constant limbo

ReputationRep:
    Prostitution.

ReputationRep:
    1. you haven't been looking that long so don't panic yet!

2. I would take any job in the meantime, even something you think is beneath you, so you can a. show you have a good work ethic and b. not rely on your parents

ReputationRep:
    I don't see anything wrong with fast food/retail jobs ..even if it's not something you want to do right now it's an actual job and can earn you money.

I know you said your car is on it's last legs..do you need one? Can you take public transport instead?
    Do you need to move out with your mate(s) or is it a want?
    Because right now you're saying you have lots of debts to pay.

In your position I personally would take any job that allowed me to be financially independent...pay off all my debts and then think about luxuries like moving in with friends and getting a new car (unless you live in the bushes and there's only like 1 bus a day or something).

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    maybe look into why you keep getting let go and take a step back and think about what you can change in your next job opportunity, etc, punctuality, attitude, teamwork skills, sickness record..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    maybe look into why you keep getting let go and take a step back and think about what you can change in your next job opportunity, etc, punctuality, attitude, teamwork skills, sickness record..
    I've being let go because they've always being temp jobs one since uni to be accurate ......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaseratiJay)
    I don't see anything wrong with fast food/retail jobs ..even if it's not something you want to do right now it's an actual job and can earn you money.

I know you said your car is on it's last legs..do you need one? Can you take public transport instead?
    Do you need to move out with your mate(s) or is it a want?
    Because right now you're saying you have lots of debts to pay.

In your position I personally would take any job that allowed me to be financially independent...pay off all my debts and then think about luxuries like moving in with friends and getting a new car (unless you live in the bushes and there's only like 1 bus a day or something).
    Debt makes the world go around...... no i will not work in something far beneath me and i will not take public transport as i need a car to go work, the gym , see my friends and family i seem to be getting lucky though i have a big opportunity coming up I'm preparing for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    1. you haven't been looking that long so don't panic yet!

2. I would take any job in the meantime, even something you think is beneath you, so you can a. show you have a good work ethic and b. not rely on your parents
    thats a problem though, people take **** jobs you will be offered **** pay when you take a real job.... i can haggle salary atm and demand more

ReputationRep:
    Debt makes the world go around...... no i will not work in something far beneath me and i will not take public transport as i need a car to go work, the gym , see my friends and family i seem to be getting lucky though i have a big opportunity coming up I'm preparing for
    Alright good luck with that one

ReputationRep:
    I've being let go because they've always being temp jobs one since uni to be accurate ......
    you can be kept on if youre good enough in a temp job, i have done in the past?

I really don't mean to be rude, but I hope that your CV doesn't have as many grammar and spelling errors as this post.

ReputationRep:
    thats a problem though, people take **** jobs you will be offered **** pay when you take a real job.... i can haggle salary atm and demand more
    you think that an employer is going to go 'oh you worked as a retail assistant for 2 months at £7 an hour, guess that's all we're going to pay you as well'?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 29, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.