Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    I got an email from UCL recommending me for an offer(L100 Econ) which also invited me to the Open Day in March 9th.
    At the bottom, it said that the Open Day is optional and won't effect whether or not you will get an offer.
    The thing is, do you have to go? Will they rescind an offer(if one comes up on Track) or will they change my offer? I live in Scotland so it isn't easy to travel to London and I will be missing some of my important classes that day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwagon)
    At the bottom, it said that the Open Day is optional and won't affect whether or not you will get an offer.
    The email held the answer, don't see why you're questioning it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    The email held the answer, don't see why you're questioning it
    I may be coming off as a bit paranoid, but, I've seen a lot of people get emails saying that the offer is subject to them coming to the Open Day.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that's compulsory, but you should still go to the open day - I found it really helpful in determining which university I wanted to go to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwagon)
    I may be coming off as a bit paranoid, but, I've seen a lot of people get emails saying that the offer is subject to them coming to the Open Day.
    If you're worried, then pop an email to admissions, and they should give you a definite answer

Shouldn't affect it if they already said that it won't :cute:

ReputationRep:
    Whether it's compulsory or not I'd go and look at the place before committing 3+ years of your life there.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.