Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!! I've got all my offers for english lit now and i need help finalising the last two! My top three are King's College London, Leeds and Cardiff - I love them all but have no idea which one to choose as they all offer different benefits.
    Kings: In the centre of London. Good international connections. Maybe easier to find connections for film and media (which I hope to go into). Buildings beautiful. Students union seems good.
    Leeds: Course is my favourite as get to choose 3 discovery modules outside english. Social life seems so good and student unions incredible. Staff really friendly when i went to visit.
    Cardiff: Course is good. Really friendly uni with good support system. Students union seems good too!
    It's soooo hard to make a decision so if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I live near Kings College London- 2 minutes away. It's beautiful here! You have access to everything! You're close to London Bridge, London eye, Westminster, Oxford street, many shopping centres, bars, restaurants etc. The nightlife is amazing too, many people go out and enjoy themselves. Accommodations are huge and spread out from different areas It's easy to make friends as everyone is sweet! Sociable life. You'll have an amazing time!

I can only give my opinion on Kings College London and not the rest as I know nothing about them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wpb32)
    Hi!! I've got all my offers for english lit now and i need help finalising the last two! My top three are King's College London, Leeds and Cardiff - I love them all but have no idea which one to choose as they all offer different benefits.
    Kings: In the centre of London. Good international connections. Maybe easier to find connections for film and media (which I hope to go into). Buildings beautiful. Students union seems good.
    Leeds: Course is my favourite as get to choose 3 discovery modules outside english. Social life seems so good and student unions incredible. Staff really friendly when i went to visit.
    Cardiff: Course is good. Really friendly uni with good support system. Students union seems good too!
    It's soooo hard to make a decision so if anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it thanks!
    I think you should choose Leeds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LemonadeAspire)
    I live near Kings College London- 2 minutes away. It's beautiful here! You have access to everything! You're close to London Bridge, London eye, Westminster, Oxford street, many shopping centres, bars, restaurants etc. The nightlife is amazing too, many people go out and enjoy themselves. Accommodations are huge and spread out from different areas It's easy to make friends as everyone is sweet! Sociable life. You'll have an amazing time!

I can only give my opinion on Kings College London and not the rest as I know nothing about them!
    It does look so much fun, I heard it can be expensive but maybe it'll be worth it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bisolarsystem)
    I think you should choose Leeds
    any particular reasons why it's better (if you don't mind)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wpb32)
    any particular reasons why it's better (if you don't mind)
    To be honest, I just went with what you wrote. You said you really like the course (which is important as to not lose interest in your work) and you think the student union & you seem to find the place friendly. If you're worried about it's International Connections, you can ask the uni about it. Do you know if they do placements abroad?

Also, I hear a lot of good things about Leeds in general!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bisolarsystem)
    To be honest, I just went with what you wrote. You said you really like the course (which is important as to not lose interest in your work) and you think the student union & you seem to find the place friendly. If you're worried about it's International Connections, you can ask the uni about it. Do you know if they do placements abroad?

Also, I hear a lot of good things about Leeds in general!
    Okay thank you! and yes they do placements abroad, the same as the other two unis, but as I want to go into competitive markets like film or journalism in the USA I'm not sure if Leeds is as well known there as somewhere like KCL? Thank you so much your advice though!

ReputationRep:
    Well I would say Kcl. But you said you prefer the course in Leeds more. So maybe there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wpb32)
    Okay thank you! and yes they do placements abroad, the same as the other two unis, but as I want to go into competitive markets like film or journalism in the USA I'm not sure if Leeds is as well known there as somewhere like KCL? Thank you so much your advice though!
    For my degree, i don't think the university is important, but if you really want to go into journalling in the USA, and you feel that KCL will give you a better chance at this then definitely choose KCL

And no problem!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wpb32)
    It does look so much fun, I heard it can be expensive but maybe it'll be worth it!
    It will be worth it! You'll have many things available for you to do in order to have as much fun as you want!

I don't know how much the accommodations are worth unless you check their website!

The campus is beautiful too as I walk past it every morning and during the summer you'll see everyone is out having fun! There are parks near by to hang out! Many tourist and tourist attractions! You'll have a popular high street (Oxford Street) which isn't far if you take a bus and its amazing there too, so many shops to shop at and lots of people!

Its an amazing place however I want to leave London and go Manchester for University I've stayed in London for long and I want to visit new places!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kholmes1)
    Well I would say Kcl. But you said you prefer the course in Leeds more. So maybe there?
    thank you for your advice. I'm not sure how good Leeds is for international connections??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.