Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone planning on going on the NCS programme this year? watch

ReputationRep:
    is anyone planning on going on the NCS programme this summer?

ReputationRep:
    Me
    I'm incredibly socially awkward so looking forward to coming out of my shell and meeting new people

ReputationRep:
    Me, i've signed up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuibblerWaffle)
    Me
    I'm incredibly socially awkward so looking forward to coming out of my shell and meeting new people
    me too!! when are you going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisdom2)
    Me, i've signed up
    when are you going?

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to but my family have holiday plans so guess it's summer 2017 for me.

ReputationRep:
    I did it last year so I can answer any questions about it. I highly recommend doing it though- it develops a lot of useful skills like teamwork, leadership and, most of all, it will help you meet more people (=more followers!) and partake in fun activities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bearhugs212)
    me too!! when are you going?
    July 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    I did it last year so I can answer any questions about it. I highly recommend doing it though- it develops a lot of useful skills like teamwork, leadership and, most of all, it will help you meet more people (=more followers!) and partake in fun activities.
    how many people do you share a dorm with on the first week ?

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the size of the group, the amount of people your gender and the size of the dorm where you're staying.

For instance, when I did it there were 7 boys, including me so we were all in the same dorm. There were far more girls so they were split up into groups that I cannot remember the sizes of.

ReputationRep:
    #NCS Feck Off

ReputationRep:
    You got dorms? I did the interfaith programme last year and we got stuck in tents. 10/10 would recommend though, the whole thing was great fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spico)
    You got dorms? I did the interfaith programme last year and we got stuck in tents. 10/10 would recommend though, the whole thing was great fun.
    I'd have enjoyed being a tent. My inner scout makes me love camping.

ReputationRep:
    July 23rd you?

when are you going?

ReputationRep:
    I am, can't wait
    26th June, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on where you go. My friends went to somewhere in Dorset and they said that around 8 people shared a room (there are bunk beds and nothing else in the rooms) but my group went to Devon and it was 12 or slightly more in a room. There were quite a few rooms as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spico)
    you said you did the interfaith programme please could you elaborate

ReputationRep:
    The interfaith program is run by a youth group called JLGB. It is run much later in the summer and has halal and kosher catering + space for prayer. There were people from all walks of life taking it and we all intermingled. Surprisingly the majority of the people on the program that I spoke to said that they identified as atheist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisdom2)
    July 23rd you?
    18th of july

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.