Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, so me and three other friends are starting to wonder about looking for a house for the next academic year. Unfortunately our uni doesn't give us much help or direction when looking for year 2 housing. We went around some estate agents today to ask some questions and many have been answered by them we have one major one still not answered when is it best to actually start viewing and signing contracts for September move in? Where i am from many of my friends already have a deposit down on a house for next year but i know that the turnover is much quicker in London. Wondering if anyone can spare advice?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about London, but many of my friends had houses sorted out before xmas, so you should probably get on it pretty soon.

ReputationRep:
    The turn over in London is like a month so we don't have to get ours sorted as soon landlords want you moved in by a month so it's usually around June/July I've been told that we should sign a contract :/

ReputationRep:
    t If i were you, get a september/september lease. You need to be looking from around june on UoL Housing database and like estate agents. My friends managed to get a september lease in June, but its just dependent on where youre looking.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.