Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Firstly I'm a 17 year old male in year 13 (sixth form). I am sick of school wasting my time. I've had 3 actual lessons in 3 days. I spend so much time walking around, trying to find somewhere quiet to work, and there simply isn't anywhere. It frustrates me a lot, especially with A2 exams impending. I feel like I could do so much more work if I stayed at home, so school is completely pointless. I have a couple of good teachers but when you have to waste a whole day for a 55 minute lesson, it's just frustrating. Tomorrow I'm going to be "ill". What are the possible consequences if my attendance drops a lot?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    They may not allow you to take exams, or require you to have a perfect attendance for a while.

Speak to one of the good teachers and ask if they can find you a quiet area to work in. They might be able to recommend something. :yes:.

ReputationRep:
    ive finished school now but during the run up to my a2's my attendance dropped to like 70% because so much of lessons was wasting time and 'revision' and i was about 10X more productive at home. i got A*AA in my A levels so it paid off. i hated school as well and was very often less productive at school than at home, so it worked for me. They stopped caring that much because I was leaving soon like they kept giving me late detentions and things but i just didnt turn up to them and the time ran out for them to keep punishing me so. Just do what works for you

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel I just leave at lunch

ReputationRep:
    I feel you

ReputationRep:
    During A2 I went to lessons for two of my subjects but I always used to skip lessons for one subject. I literally never went to that class but I didn't care because it was so pointless, the teacher basically talked at us for 1.5 hours and totally digressed from what he was meant to be teaching. So I always used to go home early during lunch. I was better off learning the stuff myself at home. So I think you should definitely stay at home if you work better especially as you have exams coming up, you're right if going in to classes isn't helping you, just work at home it'll be better for you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.