Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thing is im wanting to buy a car so im looking for low end cheap cars for me which I can afford. Now when I wanted to go to uni my family were really against it as I would be living away, I wanted to and they really pushed me away from it. It was hard for me as I hated the commute and to top that I had assesments to do.

I hated that, so I really didnt take much of their help, now may dad says he wants to contributed to help me buy a car, im unsure. The reason I keep thinking is because if he helps me a few years time it might come to marriage and then they'll be like she's decent etc. I might not like it. But they might say something like we've helped you out all the time and now you arent listening to us ?

What can I do ?

ReputationRep:
    You think that if you let them buy a car now that they'll force you into a marriage in a few years?

Point 1, if you're in a relationship serious enough that you're parents are strongly considering your marriage and you're not that into the girl then you've seriously ****ed up.

Point 2, they're your parents if it did come to a situation like that say no I really don't see myself spending the rest of my life with this girl. Here's the money back so that I can buy myself out of this ridiculous implied contract.

(Original post by dean01234)
    You think that if you let them buy a car now that they'll force you into a marriage in a few years?

Point 1, if you're in a relationship serious enough that you're parents are strongly considering your marriage and you're not that into the girl then you've seriously ****ed up.

Point 2, they're your parents if it did come to a situation like that say no I really don't see myself spending the rest of my life with this girl. Here's the money back so that I can buy myself out of this ridiculous implied contract.
    Well they really made some crap up, when I was at uni, saying it will be easy and theyll help me but they didnt and like it said it was hard, im not feeling sorry for myself but it wasnt my decision. At least if I made the decision I could say that was MY mistake.

I dont understand point 1. Are you saying if I was in a relationship now and my parents are considering the marriage and im not into my girlfriend thats wrong ? Or the girl in the arranged marriage ?

For the sake of the argument im single.

BUMP

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.