Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which of these canadian universities should I go to? Need help deciding Watch

ReputationRep:
    So far I've been accepted into Queens university in canada, Western ontario, Simon Fraser, University of Toronto and I have received a scholarship of 8000 dollars from Carleton. I'm not too sure of what I want to study yet but I was thinking maybe something involving political science.I'm sort of leaning towards Queens as I like the campus feel but am still not sure. So far which of these uni's should I choose?

ReputationRep:
    What's your financial status like?

Have you visited some of those universities?

Any family in the area?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vergil)
    So far I've been accepted into Queens university in canada, Western ontario, Simon Fraser, University of Toronto and I have received a scholarship of 8000 dollars from Carleton. I'm not too sure of what I want to study yet but I was thinking maybe something involving political science.I'm sort of leaning towards Queens as I like the campus feel but am still not sure. So far which of these uni's should I choose?
    Hi there! Congratulations on your offers!

If you are studying political science, then U of T would be the top choice. Queen's is also a top contender and Western would be close behind. Carleton seems like a good idea, since it is located in the capital city and you got a scholarship to go with it. I heard good things about their program, but in terms of reputation (in case you want to look for employment back in your home country), then I think U of T would stand out from the crowd. Otherwise, all universities are pretty great.

Note that the standard of living is higher in Toronto and Vancouver (if you choose Simon Fraser) than other places, given that they are huge cities, so if you are strapped for cash, then I wouldn't suggest doing that. Queen's is located in Kingston, which is a small city located halfway between Toronto and Ottawa. The same thing goes for Western, which is located in London, halfway between Toronto and Windsor.

Queen's has a really nice campus and I usually hear that they have a pretty close-knit community, given that it's mainly a city geared for the student community, so I think you will enjoy your time there. However, if you are more accustomed to city life, then U of T or Simon Fraser is a better choice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.