Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How long do you have to wait to receive a offer?.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    It can be anywhere from a few weeks to a few months but do chase them up if they've given you timelines that they haven't stuck to or if you haven't heard anything for more than 4 weeks at a time. Not everywhere will tell you if you've been rejected.

ReputationRep:
    I had an e-mail from Edinburgh a week ago saying they'd get back to me in 4-6 weeks and I heard back yesterday, seems remarkably quick! For my application to St Andrews, I heard in early February, having submitted my application mid-January. Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    Southampton and Heriot-Watt got back to me after a week, Brighton took 2 weeks and Birmingham and Durham 3 weeks. Still waiting on Surrey, St.Andrews and Bath

ReputationRep:
    For imperial,

Application date - 08-Dec-2015
    Acceptance date - 10-Feb-2016

They said 6-8 weeks it took longer :P

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering - do you always get an email when an offer is being made or do some unis only use the application portal to communicate with applicants? Any experiences ?

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    can be both ways but most send you an email informing you that they received your application. Universities at london have a very high amount of applicants and therefore usually take longer to reply. for king's i waited liked 6 weeks for my reply while from universities that are not located in London it took like 2 weeks. If the university takes longer time than its stated in their website to reply maybe you can send them an email to verify that they received your application.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    It'll vary so keep checking the portal too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For Edinburgh I received an e-mail to say something had changed in the portal, I checked the portal and I had a conditional offer. St Andrews I just received an e-mail.

ReputationRep:
    Oilfreak1, which program did you apply for? Yesterday was 8 weeks from them receiving my 2nd recommendation. I'm wondering if I should send them an email or wait a bit longer.

ReputationRep:
    My last reference submitted their letter on the 2/12/2015 and I got an email saying I had gotten in on the 25/01/2016 and the official letter 2 weeks later.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.