Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How am I meant to find love when my body is disgusting? Watch

I appreciate that love is more than that, but on a basic level I don't think any man would ever look at me twice, let alone want to spend the rest of his life with me because of my grotesque body. In fact. I doubt I could get a guy to stick around for one night/

I work out 6-8 hours a week at the gym, plus I do usually do another couple of hours a week walking to uni although with the weather being so cold lately I've been getting the tube. I eat quite healthy, and do IF 5 days a week and I have one treat/cheat meal a week. I don't drink or smoke. I currently weigh 107lbs and I'm 5'2". I've been working hard and in spite of this my body still looks horrible!! In some ways I feel worse for taking care of myself because I know I'm never going to look nice and it's all a big waste.

I resent my body because I know it stands in the way of me finding happiness. Is there anyway around this?

ReputationRep:
    with an attitude like that, you woouldn't attract a fly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I appreciate that love is more than that, but on a basic level I don't think any man would ever look at me twice, let alone want to spend the rest of his life with me because of my grotesque body. In fact. I doubt I could get a guy to stick around for one night/

I work out 6-8 hours a week at the gym, plus I do usually do another couple of hours a week walking to uni although with the weather being so cold lately I've been getting the tube. I eat quite healthy, and do IF 5 days a week and I have one treat/cheat meal a week. I don't drink or smoke. I currently weigh 107lbs and I'm 5'2". I've been working hard and in spite of this my body still looks horrible!! In some ways I feel worse for taking care of myself because I know I'm never going to look nice and it's all a big waste.

I resent my body because I know it stands in the way of me finding happiness. Is there anyway around this?

So about 7 stone? You need to love yourself before others can love you, darling! It's not all about appearances on the outside but the appearances on the inside

ReputationRep:

Stop working out so much. Eat more. Then you will look fine. Plenty of ridiculously hideous women - think white dee - get laid. And also get long term husbands. I'm sure you can too my dear

ReputationRep:

In what way is your body unattractive?
    Seems like you have a healthy weight. Is it possible you're suffering from body dysmorphia?

ReputationRep:
    Honey you should feel proud of your body and all the curves that come with it! I know it's so difficult to be satisfied with the way that you look but I tell you, I'm sure you're a very beautiful person with a beautiful figure!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad

Gah, I bet you're another one of those that thinks they're hideous even though they're stunning

ReputationRep:
    I currently weigh 107lbs and I'm 5'2".
    I mean this sounds like totally gr8 to me???

ReputationRep:
    Theres 3.5 billion males im sure one will like u..... like 1 in 3.5 billion head up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    I mean this sounds like totally gr8 to me???
    It is. She has a healthy BMI. In fact, if she loses much more, she might start being underweight (Which is definitely a bad thing.)

(Original post by Shiv is Light)
    So about 7 stone? You need to love yourself before others can love you, darling! It's not all about appearances on the outside but the appearances on the inside
    Yeah I'm around 7 and a half stone. I know it's not all about appearances but if I can't attract someone on a basic level and if no one ever looks my way then I have 0 opportunity to find love.

I do think self love is important but at the same time it's not true that others can't love you. Plenty of people are loved who do not love theme themselves and there are also plenty who love themselves but are not loved by someone else. Plenty of insecure people in relationships.

ReputationRep:

There are woman in the world who literally look like a walrus and they manage to get a partner... I'm 100% sure you can too

ReputationRep:
    Here are some of my ideas:
    >I know a girl who got a personal trainer who helped her lose loads of weight! Maybe a personal trainer could be worth an investment
    >Diet pills along with a healthy diet can support weight loss
    >Learn to love yourself; nobody can love you until you get some confidence and learn to love yourself
    >Find a partner in a similar situation, you can experience the emotions and work out together (cute if you ask me)
    >Remember it's what inside that counts, be nice to people and they will try to be nice back
    (Not sure of your gender so I tried to keep this as gender neutral as possible)

(Original post by AdjectiveNoun)
    In what way is your body unattractive?
    Seems like you have a healthy weight. Is it possible you're suffering from body dysmorphia?
    Every part of my body that should go out goes in (e.g hips and bust) and every part that should go in goes out (waist, huge belly and thighs). I have very chubby fat cheeks for someone of my age. My skin is kind of dark and loose, doughy and covered in stretch marks. I also have some burns scarring on my body.

ReputationRep:
    You sound like me. But i am at the other end of the spectrum - im overweight - last 2 weeks have been horrific in terms of eating. Hopefully get back on track soon.. hmm why is that you feel disgusted? Go shopping and get some new clothes, hair cut and new make up. Experiment with what you have got basically.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm around 7 and a half stone. I know it's not all about appearances but if I can't attract someone on a basic level and if no one ever looks my way then I have 0 opportunity to find love.

I do think self love is important but at the same time it's not true that others can't love you. Plenty of people are loved who do not love theme themselves and there are also plenty who love themselves but are not loved by someone else. Plenty of insecure people in relationships.
    That is very true. What don't you like about your appearence, specifically. There's so many pretty girls who call themselves ugly. Also what I was referring to was the fact that it would be difficult for someone to love you with your insecurity.

(Original post by AdjectiveNoun)
    It is. She has a healthy BMI. In fact, if she loses much more, she might start being underweight (Which is definitely a bad thing.)
    I think my body is pretty much at a plateau with my weight it does not want to budge any lower. The only way I could go lower is to eat less than 800cals a day which I'm not prepared to do. A bit part of my fitness journey is for health and strength gain but I'm still sad that my body looks so gross.

Your body is relatively slim so that's obviously not the problem more so your attitude and insecurity. I don't see how having dark skin and stretch marks would make you feel poorly about your body. Every single girl has at least some stretch marks you're better off than most as the bigger you are the more prone you are to having stretch marks.

Chubby cheeks is all due to your facial fat distribution and bone structure which you could easily fix by loosing body fat in general which will help slim the face down a little.

ReputationRep:
    I think my body is pretty much at a plateau with my weight it does not want to budge any lower. The only way I could go lower is to eat less than 800cals a day which I'm not prepared to do. A bit part of my fitness journey is for health and strength gain but I'm still sad that my body looks so gross.
    No, this is dangerous.

I don't really want to get you to focus on the physical any more than you are doing so already, but for uneven skin tone you could go down the exfoliating acids route....gently does it though...

It will happen; just one night with someone who makes you feel amazing about your body will go a long way in changing how you feel, I promise x

ReputationRep:

I love how many people on here are providing practical advice like 'eat more' or 'throw in an extra weight routine'.

That is simply not it.

Your body is a problem because YOU think it is. Do you know how I know this? Because I'm the same as you. I work out alot, and seemingly, when I look in the mirror, I have nothing to show for it.

It makes a relationship feel like the worlds most daunting task. However...

You are not as ugly as you think you are, there is definitely someone out there who is uglier than you, who has a happy relationship with another person. When you think about it like that, its not your body that is the obstacle, it is your MIND.

One day you'll become so fed up of being miserable that you'll just stop caring about your body that you can't really change and start to really live. Don't let your body hold you back from being happy, because its something that is well within your grasp.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.