Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I take this A-Level if there's only 2 people in the class Watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to choose physics for alevel but the current alevel class has only 2 people in the physics class and i think that it would be really awkward in a small class. Also I'm not amazing at physics, i just think it would interesting, so being in a small class would be more pressure.

ReputationRep:
    I think that it will help you because the teacher can focus more on you and will have more time. Additionally you can ask more questions. Dont feel pressurized, take it as a great learning opportunity I'm taking Math and there are only 2 other people in my class. Helps because i can ask the teacher for help more often

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahsenrauf)
    I think that it will help you because the teacher can focus more on you and will have more time. Additionally you can ask more questions. Dont feel pressurized, take it as a great learning opportunity
    ^^^

What you said

ReputationRep:
    Less distraction tbh

ReputationRep:
    A class this small is a god send, even more so if you're not good at the subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MariumKazmi)
    I want to choose physics for alevel but the current alevel class has only 2 people in the physics class and i think that it would be really awkward in a small class. Also I'm not amazing at physics, i just think it would interesting, so being in a small class would be more pressure.

I honestly would've killed to be in a such a small class. It's often much more enjoyable, engaging, and you'll receive a lot more 1-to-1 support from your teacher.

ReputationRep:
    It might feel a bit strange and awkward at first but I don't think that feeling would last for the whole year. If you're not amazing at physics, the extra attention from the teacher will probably help.

ReputationRep:
    In my Advanced Higher Computing Science class there are only 3 students including myself. Trust me, it's way better being in a small class. I get help basically whenever I need it and I feel more engaged in class. I agree, there is more pressure associated with very small class sizes but that's not a big deal. It'll probably help you in the long run, and also Physics is awesome.

For a subject like Physics, it's greatly beneficial to have a small class. I'd definitely recommend taking it!
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    (Original post by MariumKazmi)
    my physics a2 class only has 3 people, and it's much better

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.